xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

Help Extracting Rar Archives! lots of them...

I have 47 archives to extract, in order.***.part01.rar***.part02.rar***.part03.rar***.part04.rarto***.part47.rareach archive makes up one hige one, no idea what the person who did it split it up, there are two files in the archive ***.bin and ***.cueIn each of the 47 parts in a part of each of the two files, I need to know ow to extract these properly. I tried doing it one by one, I extracted part 1, then part 2, but the files in part 2 overwrote the fies in part 1, as they have the same name. Any help will be great,thanks,Craig.

Yeaah... you cannot do it that way. There should be one file in the series without any of the numbers - i.e. it'll be a plain rar. What I'm surprised at though is that all your files have the .rar extension. When archives are split up like this, the first one in the series ends with .rar - all others get numbered as .r00, .r01, .r02 .... .rXXAnyways - all you need to do is extract the file that doesn't have any number associated with it - RAR will find all the rest in the series and join them together, leaving you with your .bin and .cue files at the end - all neatly combined into big volumes. If you extract each volume manually there's no way to join them together.

Yeah rename them. The original owner might be a little weird or something and decided to name the volumes .rar. Who knows.Anyways, microscopic^earthling, I thought that you could just click on any of the volumes, including the file that doesn't have any association with the rest, and WinRAR will join them together. I remember doing that once....

Yeah rename them. The original owner might be a little weird or something and decided to name the volumes .rar. Who knows.

Anyways, microscopic^earthling, I thought that you could just click on any of the volumes, including the file that doesn't have any association with the rest, and WinRAR will join them together. I remember doing that once....

155903[/snapback]

Yup - you're right. Now I recall WinRAR indeed does that... but for clarity's sake I mentioned the first one in the series.. The numbering system still baffles me.. lol.. why the hell would someone want to rename so many volumes.. ?? Urggh !!!

I have 47 archives to extract, in order.

***.part01.rar

***.part02.rar

***.part03.rar

***.part04.rar

to

***.part47.rar

each archive makes up one hige one, no idea what the person who did it split it up, there are two files in the archive ***.bin and ***.cue

In each of the 47 parts in a part of each of the two files, I need to know ow to extract these properly. I tried doing it one by one, I extracted part 1, then part 2, but the files in part 2 overwrote the fies in part 1, as they have the same name.

Any help will be great,

thanks,

Craig.

155859[/snapback]

Hello.

You need to download WinRAR(if working with Windows)/rar(Linux), then just to start extracting the first file (***.part01.rar). It will extract all the parts in proper order. If you need help with burning the disk, I shall be glad to hel with this...

regards,

Mark.

First of all, what kind of program did you download anyway that this is so urgent? lol

I have a quick question. Did you happen to download those files from a newsgroup or newsreader?

If your answer is yes, I think those format can only be open with yEnc. The format is indigenous to yEnc's encoding filename method. All you need to do is install it and treat it just like any other decoding program. It may be tricky, as I remember, but you'll get the hang of it soon. The program will self-search all files needed and un-truncate it into a folder. Then, judging by .bin and .cue files, you most likely have to run image burning software and create a disc from an image file.

Let us know how that goes.

I have 47 archives to extract, in order.

***.part01.rar

***.part02.rar

***.part03.rar

***.part04.rar

to

***.part47.rar

each archive makes up one hige one, no idea what the person who did it split it up, there are two files in the archive ***.bin and ***.cue

In each of the 47 parts in a part of each of the two files, I need to know ow to extract these properly. I tried doing it one by one, I extracted part 1, then part 2, but the files in part 2 overwrote the fies in part 1, as they have the same name.

Any help will be great,

thanks,

Craig.

155859[/snapback]

The files you have right now was splitted. maybe the person who did it wants to transfer big files into a floppy drive that is why he or she split it during the archiving processed.

You can extract the files by following the steps below.

1. If the files is in the floppy drive insert first the disk 1 usually it is the Part01.rar and extract them, it will prompt you to insert the next disc then do it until you done extracting everything. but there is an easiest way to do this is just one process.

Copy first all the files from part01.rar up to the last partXX.rar in the same folder. If all the files are already been copied extract the files files usually it is the part01.rar then it will extract everything for you..

NOTE: you must used winrar program to do this...

The file was came from a single file and just split it into many just to fit to the storage disk like floppy disk.

hope this will help you...

:rolleyes:

Guys guys... read ABOVE.. why do you keep replying the same thing about downloading winrar and trying to extract.. READ THE POSTS ABOVE BEFORE YOU REPLY. You think cragllo's trying to extract those files using his hands ??? Quite obviously he's using WinRAR - and if you'd read the posts above carefully, you'd notice the whole extraction process has been discussed over and over.Crag - my best guess is you've downloaded one of those games :rolleyes: hehe.. I know the format - the moment you said it's a .bin and .cue it sounded oh-so-familiar :lol: But this does seem to be a problem.. you say .r30 onwards is not being recognized ???? I never faced that situation before.. Let me look around and see if I can come up with a solution...Regards,m^e

My rat displays:Please insert the disk containing "Documents and SettingsuserÎ?Ï?ιÏ?ανια εÏ?γαÏ?ιαÏ?..........What do I have to do??Please answer...-john

Done it.

Help Extracting Rar Archives!

Just done this on my linux machine.

I used the prgram rar and ran rar x ***.Part01.Rar and it navigated itself.

If you open part1 with winrar and extract the contents like normal it should do it too.

-reply by Dave

I downloaded some rar game files but having trouble downloading because there are in parts?????hellpp

Help Extracting Rar Archives!

It keeps saying " You need the following volume to continue the extraction" but then I download the next extraction untill all of the them are up but then nothing happends!!

-reply by Guilherme