xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Devil May Cry

This is the first grunge sig I've ever truly been proud of. Took me 40 layers and an hour. (There's a helluva lot more brushing and color in there than you might think.)

Posted Image

Rate/comment/criticize.

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

I think those little scanlines on the side are a bit out of place...and the text with 'Devil May Cry' in the middle of it looks great. I see you also went for a cartoony/vector-ish look for the render. I say 9.5/10 because there's just something about the brushing that's nagging at me.

I think those little scanlines on the side are a bit out of place...and the text with 'Devil May Cry' in the middle of it looks great. I see you also went for a cartoony/vector-ish look for the render. I say 9.5/10 because there's just something about the brushing that's nagging at me.

155754[/snapback]

Shhh....don't point out the fact that those scanlines are the only thing covering up the blank spot on the right side.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments guys. The brushing problem you're seeing is probably how none of it's really black. It's mostly just a darker orange. Or, that's what I see anyway.

Not bad, I think a little blending of the render with the grunge background would be good... but otherwise the background itself is well textured and has *substance* to it. I think some slightly redder grunge brushing would have helped match with the render's red clothes a bit better.Great way to split text with pixel text in between.. and interesting logo too :rolleyes:

Not bad, I think a little blending of the render with the grunge background would be good... but otherwise the background itself is well textured and has *substance* to it. I think some slightly redder grunge brushing would have helped match with the render's red clothes a bit better.

Great way to split text with pixel text in between.. and interesting logo too :rolleyes:

155828[/snapback]

Heh, thankies CF. I'll keep that stuff in mind next time.^-^

:lol:, i love Devil May Cry. :D, this sig pic has just became my favourite out of all that you've made. Fav+ :rolleyes:

thats a very nice sig. i really like the devil may cry text in the middle of johnny. it looks really nice. grunge work is pretty good also. only thing is that it looks a little blurred behind the picture in the middle. well not blurred but all one color. and i agree with phyre that the scanlines are a bit out of place. other than that, it looks really great. 9/10

AHH! Cool Freaker and Phyre took my suggestions/comments. I was going to say something about the lines on the right, but I didn't know what they were called, so I resisted.Then, I was going to mention that Dante looks out of the picture, and that he needed to "blend" in, but I thought you wouldn't like to hear that, so I didn't say anything.I'll comment next time. Before those two.

I thought you wouldn't like to hear that, so I didn't say anything.

155957[/snapback]

I like all comments/criticism, regardless of how I respond. ^-^

Thanks for the comments guys.