xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Web Hosting Offer 100 Year Plan thats right 100 years

yeah just now when i went to my favorative wrestling site lordsofpain.net they went down for the first time and when i notice the plan this is what i got

100* $9.99 70%  9 $14.99  57% 
5 $19.99 42% 
3 $24.99 28% 
2 $29.99 14% 
1 $34.99

100 years come on who would register a domain for 100 years me of course but when i look aup my name .com .net and .org gone :rolleyes::lol:

but anyways thats like $1000.00 a century yeah i see microsoft would but they have unlimited hosting.

100 years hmmmm.

thats sounds awesome.. and if that is 100year=$9.99 than thats cheap. but is there hosting for 100years? i don't think anyone is gonna live that long, once u become 80 u'll forget ure own domain lol..

I thinks it's $9.99 per year if you register the domain for 100 years. Its unlikely that you would keep a domain for 100 years, but a sucessful company might.

9.99$ a year? Meh, that's a lot for a domain. You really need to search around more. I found a domain( .org, .net, .com) all for only 6 bucks FLAT a year. No tax or anything. Plus, a domain for 100 years? By the time you're old enough to buy your own domain, have your own stable business...Your life is already a quater over. So it's really pointless.My 6 buck domain still pwns all. You get TOTAL control, and it's soooo easy to set-up.

it's not imposible... I think that the civilization will grow and technology will be more sofisticated... it's good... you buy and your grandchild will have his domain...

sounds like scam to me.. it's like some almost dead company offerd "cheap hosting for life for only 20 dollars", and 2 when you sign up the company dies.. well... in this case.. i doubt people use internet in 100 years, there will be something better, like supernet or something :rolleyes: and i doubt you need a domain for 100 years, it's stupid

I doubt a company/clan will even NEED a domain for even 20 years. When technoligy advances, every host will come with a domain. (so I believe). Many people don't live over 100, and what if there heir doesn't wish to be there successor? Meh, threr are better offers out there, buying 100 years is pointless.

Hmm 100 years? Wow thats really scary considering I try not to even think about tomorow lol Jk but it does seem sorta pointless even though its a good deal. I dont know if you guys have a store where you live called costco its a huge whole sale store chain thing they sell every thing grorcries cloths the works and dirty cheep but u end up bying things that u wouldnt normally by just because its such a great deal and in the end it ends up costing you more money.

100 years huh, thats a long time, but if you were hosting it here at Xisto you'd run out of hosting credits :lol: . Anyway most people will have very little need to register a domain name for that long, plus as said before despite it being for 100 years $9.99 is quite expensive. But i suppose it would be cool to have your own little piece of the 'net' for an entire century. Anyway the rate technology, especially computers develope the internet will must likely be obsolete by then, replaced by some kind of direct brian link to a central database/archive/spam folder. or something like that :rolleyes:

You know what I think?In 20 years, hosting went from $30 a month or something to free hosting on Trap 17.In 5-10 years, domain names will probably be free as well. :rolleyes:

I thought this whole article had something to do with writing a story after a story. What happened? Did we all get off track? hehe :rolleyes:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Off topic. Either you found the wrong topic to reply or spamming. Do not double post. Deleted the 2nd identical post.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Domians will never be free, coz thick people who dont know how to make good sies will take all the good ones... and there will be none left for people who actulay can make sites and care about its content and what people think... :rolleyes: