xisto Community
BordaForx

Hosting Not Accepted

i've been in this forum for a long time just for the hosting, then I finally get 30 points. Then i apply for the hosting. Rejected because I spammed post. Where did I freakin' spam?

i've been in this forum for a long time just for the hosting, then I finally get 30 points. Then i apply for the hosting. Rejected because I spammed post. Where did I freakin' spam?

155472[/snapback]

I think that the defenition of spam you are thinking of is different then what Xisto refers to as spam. If you are thinking of spam as posting a link then you are misunderstanding what they are saying by spam. I am curious have you made a short posts like saying just hey or adding a short little comment or anything that might be considered off-topic on the board that you were on. If so then this is what they mean by spam I am pretty sure. If not PM one of the admins personally and simply ask why it was denied. Another thing that you could do is go through your posts and check out what type of posts you have made, and if you do have some spam posts go make some good quality posts.

Also one more thing to add is the fact that if you are coming here just for the hosting then you are not going to get approved for hosting. So that could be one of the issues that is keeping you from just getting hosting. They have stated that in the rules if you have not read those lately.

I may not be a moderator, or an admin, but when i looked over your posts, i can see some posts that can be considered spam. Infact, i saw quite i few. I can understand why you wouldnt call them spam, cause they're your posts. But some of your posts didnt really contribute to most of the topics...

I cannot speak for OpaQue. However, according to posting rules and TOS, I believe OpaQue was referring to some of your posts:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23689-free-web-hosting-chickensarefluffy-free-website-cotltrap17com/

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23535-what-do-you-do-when-you-cant-sleep-at-300-in-the-morning/page-2#entry154884'>http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23535-what-do-you-do-when-you-cant-sleep-at-300-in-the-morning/page-2#entry154884

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23452-is-it-insecurity-or-just-plain-stupidity/

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23534-what-is-the-dumbest-thing-you-ever-done-what-did-you-do-stupid/

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23535-what-do-you-do-when-you-cant-sleep-at-300-in-the-morning/

What OpaQue would like to see (and this is also according to TOS) is your posts such as this:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23592-applying-for-a-job-with-no-experience/

One liner, such as lol that's soooo true, is considered a spam. The hosting applicants are to CONTRIBUTE rather than just commenting on a subject. Please try again. :rolleyes:

pretty much what they said iwork on the quality not quanity of oyur posts and once you have achieve 15-20 quality posts then try again. its that easy.

I agree. Posting several quality posts will get you the hosting package easily. I know I find it difficult to contrubute a good quality post every day, but I do know that I'll find a topic worth making a valid comment on before a few days have passed (if the thread is not closed).

HAHAH. I hate this. I have to start postin again. I never knew one line post never count? :rolleyes: Thats just evil. Well, some of the threads were started by me. Also, in the ChickensAreFluffy thread, I already had enough points. :lol: I asked for hosting before even posting in that stupid thread.

Just be patience and make a good post... you can try to come up with an original tutorial where you can earn much credits with it and the admins will accept it... I was once denied, maybe because many of my post was too short, so I went to post more with longer and more quality post and it solved everything... :rolleyes:

WHY YOUR APPLICATION WAS NOT ACCEPTED!

BuffaloHELP explains it perfectly.

MY SUGGESTION

Just be patience and make a good post... you can try to come up with an original tutorial where you can earn much credits with it and the admins will accept it... I was once denied, maybe because many of my post was too short, so I went to post more with longer and more quality post and it solved everything... tongue.gif

155472[/snapback]

Exactly. You aren't going to get an account becuase of that attitude. This site isn't about the hosting. It is about building a community of people of all creeds, sex, race etc. Just posting for the sake of getting an account is a misuse of the site aims.

If you read the rules properly, then this would have never happened.

NOTE: For all people hereafter, please remember that the hosting service provided by OpaQue and the team is a sort of grattitude to your contribution to the community. Posting for the sake of getting a hosting account will get you no where.

Oh, wow. I think I should take more time and post more. :lol: Oh well, I like doing it anyway. :rolleyes: I guess Quality is better than Quantity.

I don't know if this helps but I found a way to make quality posts easily, I have listed them below.1. Find topics that interest you2. Start threads about your ideas, sucesses, and problems (people here are very good at helping you out)3. If you think you can help someone post in that thread4. If there are no new threads you want to post in wait a few hours and there should be plenty5. Posting here is like talking to your friends (each post is like a reply in a conversation and e-mail try to put some meaning into it)

You should also read these topics:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/106-free-web-hosting-service-registration-3-easy-steps-to-your-new-free-website/

Most of your topics (that BuffaloHELP listed) are considered spam because you didn't help anybody, the post isn't interesting at all, it only takes up valuable forum space. At this moment, it does not look like anything bad, but what would happen if the whole Xisto forum was covered in single-word posts like "Yep!", "True", "w00t", "WTF?" etc. And that's the main reason why the hosting credits system kicks *bottom* around here! A simple "Yes" is not equal to a bigger and more interesting post!

Don't force yourself to post in threads that you didn't read carefully or that simply aren't interesting to you! By doing so, you will be disgusted every time you enter the Xisto forums! ("Oh, sweet Jesus, not that Xisto again, why do I even have to talk about somebody's stupid problem with a bunch of people that I don't even know to get the best free hosting around?")

I suggest you do, like someone said, find topics that interest you. Personally, this Vent forum is my favorite forum because I make topics that I like to debate in and other people make topics as well. >_> My posts are usually quality posts, so it gets me hosting easily.

And yes, quality > quanity. I would rather read a very long, thought-out post, than a short, useless waste-of-space post.

I believe everyone here has pretty much helped out in explaining your problem. I for one have had difficulty recently in posting. Over the last two weeks I have only made a couple posts because there hasn't been much for me to reply to...(interests, questions that I could possibly answer, etc.). I've tried my best to make quality posts because thats what this forum should consist of, that and nothing else. There are alot of junky, short posts and replies in this forum, and I'm glad with your example that the administrators are trying to eliminate this, but you can still turn everything around... I believe when I first started I made around 15-20 posts and I was up to 30 credits. I went directly for the second package, and with quality posts I was there in no time, so start over, get your hands flowing, and type some good stuff for us, it's really not that hard. You can post a short reply here and there, but expand on it. Be informative and descriptive in what you type, and the moderators and administrators will see that and thus you will get your hosting! Best of luck at Xisto!