xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
green fairy

Matrix Effects In Photoshop PART 1

A person here wanted me to make a detailed matrix tutorial. I can't say I completely understood what he meant, but I've figured out how to make some pretty cool effects that are not to difficult to do. Hope you can make use of it:

1) Open a new document in Photoshop. I'll be using 400x150 pixels, but you can use whatever you want.

2) Press D to make the foreground and background colour the default.

3) Go to Filter -> Texture -> Grain... Apply these settings:

Posted Image

You'll then have a result looking something like this (it varies for time to time):

Posted Image

4) Now go to Filter -> Artistic -> Neon Glow... Apply these settings:

Posted Image

Youll have something looking like this:

Posted Image

5) Go to Filter -> Stylize -> Glowing Edges... Apply these settings:

Posted Image

My image turned out like this:

Posted Image

That's it. The effect is now all dLINKone :rolleyes:

The result of this effect turnes out different every time, so if you are not happy with your result, it is just to try again :lol:

Here are some other images I created using this effect:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Use you image as a background:

You may want to save it as a pattern now, so that you can use it as a background it other images. Do like this:

1) Selecting your image, go to Edit -> Define Pattern... Give your pattern a name and click ok.

2) Now, to use the pattern in a new image, simply open that new image and go to Edit -> Fill. Select your matrix pattern there.

<-- See next post for continuing part --> LINK

Notice from Saint-Michael:
Quote your tutorials next time i seen this on pixel2life.com and good-tutorials.com

Notice from snlildude87:
Following up on SM's note, I Googled an excerpt from green fairy's post, and saw that it wasn't copied directly, so no quotes is needed.
Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Wooho! Thanks for much for writing this tutorial. I still don't have ImageReady so I'm stuck on part 2. Oh well, I'll get it soon. I have matrix PIPS on my board for different groups, but I only have Members, staff, and Admin. So I wanna make GFX Team, Review Team, you know, more stuff like that.Thanks a lot more writing this tutorial man! Keep up the good work :rolleyes:.

Ehh.... Saint-Michael, I didn't copy the tutorial from anywhere. Someone requested this tutorial, and since I didn't know exactly how to do this myself, I of course had to go to different places to learn how to do the effect first. After I had learned it myself how to do it, I made my own matrix tutorial. I didn't even look at other tutorials while writing my own... All the pictures and text are mine. I didn't copy anything :rolleyes:

Hi folks,yes very nice tutorial. I also know how yo make teh matric affect usinf 3D Studio MAx, it is very cool. you can get teh bullet rail affect and all that the whole SHAABAN!. OK?alright if any want it i can post it!np,yoyo,jerryjamn

Wow....thanks a lot dude. Quite a nice and interesting tutorial. I am just wondering.....is anyone still interested in Matrix these days? It has been quite some time. Don't get me wrong, i'm not insulting this tutorial.I find this totorial quite cool. I'm off to try this out!-Shackman