xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

My 1st Ps Template opinions/comments

ok i did it! this is my first template, it might not be very good but im not good at coming up with new ideas and it was also an experience, hpefyllu from now on i can make beter ones. anyways..tel me what you like and what you don't like also how i can make it better.Thanks.
im just gonna put the link here because the picture is to big so click below...
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Not bad for your first. I like the banner, but i'm having trouble adjusting to the blue and the orange. It just doesnt seem to match for me. I might suggest not to use gradient effects cause it makes it hard to loop when putting data into that area. If you do proceed in using gradient effects, i suggest fading into the main color (which is orange in this case), and keeping the lenght of it short. That way it'll be at the top of the table, and just have CSS prevent it from looping on the y-axis.

yeah work on the gradiant a bit also go with a grey white or black with that orange too not bad

ok yea i had hard time coming up with jst one color fo the boxes..i couldnt think of a color that would match with the background so than i itred the gradient and just tried to math it some guess it didnt come out good.

ok yea i had hard time coming up with jst one color fo the boxes..i couldnt think of a color that would match with the background so than i itred the gradient and just tried to math it some guess it didnt come out good.

Sometimes just a simple pixel border with a bevel and emboss effect will do..

Okay, wow, yeah, sorry Luki, I have no idea where to start on this one. There's very little of anything visually pleasing there...To start, I guess, try making a more "sleek" color setup and design, you see how T17's new skin has blue/white/grey? Especially since you have a business-type site (or at least, that's what I'm guessing) you're gonna want a more professional layout. The navigation titles look pretty bad...the arrow's too bland, and the font is kinda fugly (and the different sizes too.)...the content boxes don't look that great either, they definitely don't need to be dual-colored, and that shape is okay, just fix the beveling (to maybe like a small pillow emboss?) and the different sized header. The banner could also use a bunch of work.Yeah, really sorry to sound like a *BLEEP* and tear you down like that...I'm just trying to help...keep working at it Luki.

do you have any examples to show me? i really don't know where to start, if i saw some maybe i could od a better job. if you now any, can you post the links here please? thanks.

go to good-tutorials.com or pixel2life.com and click on any of the tutorials. then go to the main pages of the sites and look at the layouts, as long as they are not just complete forum sites. when you see a couple you like bookmark them to look at later. that is what i did when i first tried to develop a site to get some ideas of what i liked. even if you just like one part of a site, you can use that idea and make it fit with everything else you do.

the forst tempalte : lose the gradient... try using black instead of bluethe second is alot nicer, it looks more like a business site