xisto Community
kservice

New 64bits Notebook!

Hello, i read an article about a new hp laptop with a AMD 64 bit processor, This processor is downscaled from a 64bit Server processor, or is a new mobile proccessor? And i don't know if is really useful put now into the market this devices, for what software, What do you think, this gonna be a victory of AMD, or not????

If you want to read the article go here:

http://www.techspot.com/

kservice

My friend had AMD 64bit processor since November, 2004. Granted it was made by eMachine, but a 64bit processor IS a 64bit processor. I have to say that that laptop is still the fastest little sucker I have ever seen! And it's not a downspeed processor; it's a full mobile 64bit processor.Unless you are replacing your desktop with a laptop, I think Intel's Centrino M processor will be the future portable CPU design. Extended battery life with decent pipeline negotiating capabilities? You can't ask better than that. Well, unless Intel comes out with the organic processor. Ooops, information leak! :rolleyes: