xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexia

Ati Updates Drivers Frequently Compare To Nvidia Ati And Nvidia Drivers

Why does ATI release drivers more often than nVIDIA? I'm a nVIDIA FX5900XT owner and I'm very jealous of the ATI people. :rolleyes:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title must be specific. Title changed.

You should be thankful because Nvidia drivers are ten times better than ATI's, they've got more skilled driver coders since they descend from SGI, the makers of OpenGL.So, if ATI releases ten drivers while Nvidia releases one, you should still be better off :rolleyes:

I'm surprised they still make drivers for 5000 series... Anyways, in my experience, ATI drivers seemed to be a little more stable than nVIDIA drivers, which sorta contradicts popular belief.

@dre: That's somewhat strange. I've seen higher popularity for nViidia drivers instead of ATI in Linux distributions and just general graphics talk involving linux. You'd think that the linux people would go for the more "stable"ones. ... or maybe we all just have nVidia cards. :) That's probably it.

Well I think that ATI is better company and by that they are working more on their products and because of that they are realising more drivers this is the main point. ANd if company releases more drivers this means that they are working more on their products and also they are trying to approach to the market on such a ways that their devices are always up to date and so on. If they wouldn't do that then some technologies might not work with games and other stuff which is changing quickly.

you bords driivers are far superear to atis drivers mainly of the coding quality and no or almost no glitches and if they do have glitches they put them on the net so you can get the update

I'm not so sure about that, and as a former owner of an ATi, current owner of an nVidia one, I can tell you that nVidia's are way better, especially if you run Linux, because ATi's drivers for Linux are shameful.

I have an ATI, and haven't had a chance to run Nvidia yet... however my next card will be just to test it out and see what the service is like. I actually don;t like how ATI is approaching their new drivers.. including a console withit. I would rather have that as an optional download. Cnet reviewed ati vs nvidia... but mainly in the competitions performance vs price. its worth a check here

https://www.cnet.com/topics/components/

I also looked at other reviews.. and in video related biz... ati kicked the **** out of nvidia... So actually, through the three top reviews on google, ATI is a better card :D

Why does ATI release drivers more often than nVIDIA? I'm a nVIDIA FX5900XT owner and I'm very jealous of the ATI people. :D

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title must be specific. Title changed.
The reason why ATI releases drivers more than nVidia is because they're coded shoddily. ATI can't even make a decent Linux driver, and those would probably be easier to create than a Windows one.