xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Se?or Maniac

Try At Another Sig. Thinks its a meh.

What is your opinion.

Posted Image

I know there needs a border also so please do not comment on that.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged double posts to prevent you from receiving a warning.

Master Chief looks kind of mis-proportioned there...a bit stretched out. You may want to hit [i'm assuming you are using Photoshop...] Cntrl + T and play with the shape and size until you get something that looks good. The text "Master Chief" is VERY hard to read. As for the background, you may want to make a more interesting one with better brushes [you can get some at http://www.deviantart.com/]

Kay, I'll try to help out as much as I can...1. -- Look up some brushing tutorials...sounds like you have a nice selection of brushes, just not the technique.2. -- Avoid choppy renders. You can find some nice clean-cut ones with transparent backgrounds at gamerenders.com and a number of other render sites.3. -- Um...what's the deal with the text? It looks like you used a dissolve mode on it...it looks pretty bad...4. -- The Senor Maniac text in the bottom could also be a better font. I suggest a pixel font, like Squarehead10, with a little more blending.5. -- Try not to set the background one single color. As I said before, use brushing, and also try making several color balance layers with the Clouds filter on them, so the sig is multicolored.6. -- When resizing the render, make sure the heighth and width are linked together (there's a chain icon) so it's equally proportioned.7. -- Borders are your friend.I think I covered most of it...sorry if I sound rude, just trying to point some essentials out. Keep trying though. You'll get better with time.

i agree completely with johnny. also, when you do get more practice with brushing, do not drag your brushes. just get a few different ones and have them overlap to get a nice looking effect.

-The green is a tad ugly but it's your signature.-Don't use red on green! That will kill our eyes!-Mess around with opacity and layer your brushing. Don't rely on filters to get what you want.-The text might look better if it were just plain instead of dissolved as it is. It looks like someone poured acid all over it. Oh, and you spelled chief wrong :rolleyes: