xisto Community
theconman

I Have 10 Credits... but its not working...

I have 10.23 credits, but when I go to upgrade my account, it says Cannot Continue, after I type in my Forum Username 'theconman' and my Forum Password (obviously I wouldn't tell you that).But does anybody know if there's something wrong?(sorry I dont know how to edit)Is there a way to check what 'package' I have? Because no its saying I dont have enough credits, but I have 11. So I think its talking about I dont have enough for the 30 credit one. But I dont know if I already have the 1st one...And if I do, where would I go to upload files and whatnot and deal with that whole thing?

(sorry I dont know how to edit)

Is there a way to check what 'package' I have? Because no its saying I dont have enough credits, but I have 11. So I think its talking about I dont have enough for the 30 credit one. But I dont know if I already have the 1st one...

And if I do, where would I go to upload files and whatnot and deal with that whole thing?

153132[/snapback]

You need to request a hosting package and wait to be approved.

You need to request a hosting package and wait to be approved.

153135[/snapback]

I think I was approved. Since when I go to upgrade it says I dont have enough credits, but I have 11. So obviously, it thinks I want the 30 credit package, that I actually do have it. How would I know if I have it or not?

Just wondering... how long does it take to accept a submission? And what if the domain is taken?

153154[/snapback]

Your application is reviewed and considered by admins (OpaQue and NilsC) whenever they are around. Since this is a volunteer position, there isn't a set time and when admins will approve your application. They are really busy building and rebuilding data contents and maintaining the forum as well.

Xisto has nothing to do with a domain name. Domain names are something you have to purchase. You can always search your desired domain by going to Yahoo! or Google and typing it in. Xisto WILL, however, provide you with a subdomain. You can type in your browser's address line to see if your desired subdomain name is already taken, i.e. yourname.trap17.com, where yourname is your desired subdomain name.

Okay.... it says my application has been accepted...Now what do I do? How do I upload files and do things with my site?Like where do I go to check the status? Because I made a mistake on my application, and replied with a correction, but I dont know if he noticed...Haha... I'm having so many problems...

Okay.... it says my application has been accepted...

Now what do I do? How do I upload files and do things with my site?

Like where do I go to check the status? Because I made a mistake on my application, and replied with a correction, but I dont know if he noticed...

Haha... I'm having so many problems...

153569[/snapback]

An email was sent to you on how to activate your account. If you don't want to read it, then go to https://support.xisto.com/ to create an account.

Then, you can log in to your account by going into your cpanel at http://nitrousoxide.com/cpanel to log in.

Everything is explained in the email (bigcfk24@yahoo.com) that is sent to you. Please read it. :rolleyes:

lol yeah, i did get the wrong domain. I thought when it said that, it was what do you want. I didnt know that you had to have it already.I dont have nitrousoxide.com... so thats probably why its not working. Would it be possible to fix it to nitrous.trap17.com?But yeah, I'ma check out that email.

Okay.... I looked at the email and went to the /process site. And I'm creating the account now.I guess the whole ordeal about nitrousoxide.com / nitrous.trap17.com didnt matter. I'm getting nitrous.trap17.com now. So its all good... so far...Thanks for your help everybody. I really appreciate it.

lol yeah, i did get the wrong domain. I thought when it said that, it was what do you want. I didnt know that you had to have it already.

I dont have nitrousoxide.com... so thats probably why its not working. Would it be possible to fix it to nitrous.trap17.com?

But yeah, I'ma check out that email.

153818[/snapback]

We really need an Edit button cause I feel bad about posting so much.

But now my Hosting Credits says 3.03 days... It used to say around 21-23 credits, but now its in days. So if its counting in Days, how would I know when I have enough to upgrade to the 2nd package?

If you need to post one after another, you may post your complete thoughts and click on REPORT to let mods know to merge your two posts. But, you should really think carefully before clicking on Add Reply or Submit Post. :rolleyes:

Once you apply for hosting, everyone starts from 4 hosting credits (no matter how many credits you had before). And I'm assuming since your approval, it took a day or so to activate your hosting--thus 3.03 hosting credits. (If this information is wrong someone will edit my fact). To upgrade to package 2, you need at least 30 additional hosting credits. I would advise you to have at least 35~40 hosting credits before requesting for upgrade. Hosting credits are determined by the length, language and quality of your post(s). You can write an excellent post with an essay structured style and gain 4 or more hosting credits. When you reply with one liner, you may only gain 0.12 credits. Okay?

Once you check that e-mail and get approved (hopefully :rolleyes:), your subdomain will be username.trap17.com where username is the username you signed up with (less than 8 letters to be MySQL friendly). You can create subdomains of your own later. You can also register a domain off another site (look around for nice deals) and refer it to your Xisto site for you to be able to access the .com that you want but have free hosting :lol:

If you need to post one after another, you may post your complete thoughts and click on REPORT to let mods know to merge your two posts. But, you should really think carefully before clicking on Add Reply or Submit Post. :rolleyes:

Once you apply for hosting, everyone starts from 4 hosting credits (no matter how many credits you had before). And I'm assuming since your approval, it took a day or so to activate your hosting--thus 3.03 hosting credits. (If this information is wrong someone will edit my fact). To upgrade to package 2, you need at least 30 additional hosting credits. I would advise you to have at least 35~40 hosting credits before requesting for upgrade. Hosting credits are determined by the length, language and quality of your post(s). You can write an excellent post with an essay structured style and gain 4 or more hosting credits. When you reply with one liner, you may only gain 0.12 credits. Okay?

153823[/snapback]

It's not that I'm not thinking carefully, its just I find something out after I post... But I know I need 30 credits, but it says I have ~3 days for hosting credits.

What that means is my question now.

From what your saying, I'm thinking that day is the same as credit. Right?

You will find on the index page of this forum

HOSTING CREDITS : **.** DAYS.

The Hosting Credits determine the amount of days you can remain inactive. We recommend that you maintain a sufficient amount of hosting credits (more than 10). This will give you enough time, incase you cannot stay active due to any consequences.

PS : Hosting credits depend upon the size and content of the post. The number of posts you make, has no effect on hosting credits you earn. Know more..

If that's not clear enough, I guess you should PM admins. When you have further question regarding keeping your hosting credits (meaning how many days you can go without posting before your hosting package is suspended) check the link to Hosting Credit FAQ link in my signature. Once you are satisfied, I will close this thread.

EDIT: Yes, 30 credits (hosting credits) also means 30 days.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)