xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

New Google Service To Compete With Paypal? ROLL IT OUT FAST, GOOGLE :D

Google preparing to challenge PayPal

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Google reportedly plans to start payment service to rival PayPal

EBAY, PAYPAL now "shaking in their boots"??? :P i just wish that google roll out this service FAST! although other online electronic payment systems are already competing with paypal directly, this one from google should wake the ebay/paypal group from their slumber in OBVIOUSLY disregarding the other countries from being able to use their online payment system! i've been wanting to get a paypal account for a long time already (isn't 5 years long enough, PAYPAL?), but until now several countries are not yet able to enjoy their service (which is why i don't have one yet... to think that they have a local ebay for the philippines, and no paypal!!! what a shame!!!)

since other google services like adsense does not discriminate on what country an account holder is from, i would say this google payment system would continue with this inclusiveness. that would play well on google's part, to the detriment of ebay/paypal business (serves them well, if you ask me for making the rest of the world wait for so long)!

are you ready for GPAL? :P (okay, i just made "GPAL" up heheheü)

I SURE AM! I WILL EMBRACE IT more than PAYPAL (even if they decide to include all countries later on :()!

a nytimes article, with more details (printer-friendly version):

GO GOOGLE!

hhm, gpal does hav a good ring to it...hehe...i wonder when it will be released, maybe later this year

"Online search-engine leader Google Inc. is preparing to introduce an electronic payment system later this year blablabla"
This sounds very cool indeed! With all the fuzz going arround about paypal, we can now wonder if Google will do it better :P. Will also be great for my Google Adsense account since they dont have to mail it to my home anymore :P

Expanding into online payments might make Google less dependent on advertising, which accounted for nearly all of its first-quarter revenue of $1.26 billion

$1.26 billion ?! I knew google was a very rich company, but that rich ?!

Together with localization they can get multiple ads from all over the world and show them to locals only so I don't get an ad from Zimbabwe for example. Can't get smarter than that...

I just hope people here in the Philippines could use that latest service from Google. we do not have Paypal here, thus it is imposible to purchase items using Paypal. I really hope they could, Google is the biggest media group in the world right now anyway. :rolleyes:

A payment system would help Google bring into its marketplace individuals and small businesses who are not authorized to accept credit cards online

I use Propay for my business website, so as not to have to deal with a merchant account and all the associated fees. I have been told that Propay is for US businesses only, that is one drawback to it. I can accept credit cards from my customers, EVEN WHEN they call me to place an order. I can't use Paypal to charge a customer without first having to "create" an invoice for them. Pain in the butt.

Yahoo, Amazon, Microsoft and other companies offer "wallet" services where users can store credit card numbers for use while shopping at participating merchants. Such services aim to save time for users and help them feel secure because they need not provide financial information to an unknown merchant.

Google's system was intended to rival the broad scope of PayPal rather than the narrow wallet systems.

I hope that googles system would be a combiniation of the "wallet/paypal" system (allowing people to store credit card info online - securely) and the "small business merchant account" usefulness of Propay.

I'm excited to see what Google comes up with.