xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milli Riba

Age Of Empires II

I thing AoE is the BEST GAME EVER. Has anyone tried Age of Empires II: Star Wars? It's a good mod about Star Wars.Mod has got all civilizations shown in Star Wars like Naboo, Trade Federation, Rebels, Empire, Droids and I don't know why Wookies (Hairy, big, guys. One is known as Chubaka). The mod story is very good, you can play almost all scenarios which are the same as in Star Wars movie.

You mean Star Wars Galatic Battlegrounds? and then the expansion (which came out quite a bit later) the Clone Wars?That was sort of a mod, but I believe they simply used the same engine of AoEII, and it was not *meant* to be too similar to AoEII, although ended up to be. (Obviously not the best effort - after seeing what Valve did to make Half Life on the Quake 2 engine).I played it only briefly, seems fun, but still overshadowed by StarCraft I felt - as Galatic Battlegrounds came out later, seemed to appeal to a more niche audience, and didn't have ground breaking technology, nor was it overly popular for online play.

Though Age of Empires is good, I don't think it beats Warcraft 3 or even Starcraft because the details are so sparce and so dumb looking. It is like takign C&C and just making it medieval.

its obvious this is the best rts game ever. the graphics and view and size of people and style are just plain better!Plus its a game you can stop playing for awhile, then you ALWAYS come back to it. there is so much strat. involved its amazing. I see it like chess. Easy to learn, never able to master, only get better.

I loved age of empires 2. I just dont get into this AOE 3. I hate the build limits on buildings and troops. I hate the whole card dealing thing. But then again i have only played the skirmish not the campaign. The graphics arent all there cracked up to be even on high settings. Ground Control 2 and DA:Act of War look just as good if not better. And yes i have the DVD version. It hit Usenet a few days ago and always like to try before i buy and i wont be buying this one.

Being someone who can play both games with the highest detail, resolution, etc...Act of War: Direct Action does look better. Even Battle for Middle Earth looks better, or is at least on-par (mostly b/c of the really nice lighting effects in that game). The thing that hurts AoE3 the most is that the terrain and stuff is nice, but the units models suck. Even WarCraft III has faces on their units. You can't really see faces on the AoE3 ones. Gameplay-wise it's horrible as well. What might have been ok 4-5 years ago is far outdated now. I'm so rediculously glad that I only downloaded the demo and didn't buy the game.

Being someone who can play both games with the highest detail, resolution, etc...

Act of War: Direct Action does look better.  Even Battle for Middle Earth looks better, or is at least on-par (mostly b/c of the really nice lighting effects in that game).  The thing that hurts AoE3 the most is that the terrain and stuff is nice, but the units models suck.  Even WarCraft III has faces on their units.  You can't really see faces on the AoE3 ones.  Gameplay-wise it's horrible as well.  What might have been ok 4-5 years ago is far outdated now.  I'm so rediculously glad that I only downloaded the demo and didn't buy the game.

202030[/snapback]

Yes, AoE3 is the worst RTS of the year. You know it's bad when Computer Gaming Magazine gives a sequel a '3'

Yeah folks,AOE rules!!! Micro$oft really got it right with it, But there?s one thing with the game that picks me, there?s always one unit that?s far stronger than all of the others and all you have to do is to create a bunch of them and then go and win the scenario. That kinda annoys me but it can?t keep me away from this classic blockbuster game. But the thing I hate the most about it it?s that my girlfriend loves it so much and it keeps me apart from her!!! LOL!!!!Cheers!

One of the reasons that AOE3 is slightly better is that it has a unit cap on any spectaculaly good units (like the frigates, or mortar ships) which half prevents the technique of upgrade, build lots of the best unit and wipe out the enemy, while they do the same, but doesn't get rid if it completely, so meaning you have to build lots of different units and then attempt to arrange them so they don't get wiped out.However, this can sometimes get annoying, since once you build your ships, they sail out, blow both sides to pieces, and then you spend the next five minutes rebuilding them....because both sides can build just as fast, there is this continuous cycle won by whoever can click faster...not really the point of a good rts game.However, AOE2 and AOE 3 are still both awesome games, whic really do deserve alot of credit!

age of empires is a great game from the first version to the last(i would include here age of mythology even thou it is different from age of empires series).With each new version Microsoft set new standards in RTS games from every aspect you look at it

In my childhood I was really addicted to AOE1. I would always feel that there should be some way by which you could get resources after you have exhausted yours.And then came AOE2 in which you could trade resources!!! I'm still addicted to AOE2.But AOE3 does not run on the NVIDIA 7300 series!!!!! :P:D:P

when i was younger I used to play that game all the time, the campaigns never really interested me much but me and some friends usually would LAN together and play it. Im thinking of buying AOE3 but that matters if I have enough money left over when Im done saving up for a new computer