xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
izimngcubes15

Tales Of Symphonia GCNs best RPG?

For the longest time, Chrono Trigger was my favorite RPG of all time. Then Tales of Symphonia came out and I wasn't so sure anymore.ToS is hands down the best RPG on Gamecube (in my opinion), and on par with Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross for pure RPG goodness.It has an excellent soundtrack by Motoi Sakuraba, a battle system reminescent of Super Smash Brothers Melee, a carefully molded plot, pretty decent voice acting, all of which works together to make this a solid addition to any RPG-er's collection.I also heard that there's a PS2 version in the works (if it's not already out) for those who took that console over GameCube.

i have tales of symphonia it didn't really seem that fun and i got bored of it after a while. The battle sortof reminded me of star ocean and such but sorta confusing. My bro says its fun but i dont' know, maybe i should go back to it someday

yea ToS is hands down the best rpg for the gc but then again if you look at the games for gc it doesnt have big competition, the only other rpg i can think of for the system is baton kratos and i havent gotten a chance to play it. but ToS design was pretty awesome once u got used to the battle system i just wish they would have had more cut scenes because when i bought it i expected it to

well, my fiance got me a game cube originally for xmas , we went out a few days later looking for a few games to get to go with it and needless to say ToS was about the only one that even interested me the game choices are so kiddie and cartoony.As someone stated the competition for games is not very good with NGC but i would buy it for my kid or something plenty of games for the 12 and under crowd.TOS since that is what this topic is originally for is by far the best RPG for the GC out there and the combat system really was well done in my opinion but then I play multiple MMO's that have hugely differing combat systems and therefore usually a console gaming system is easy for me to pick up so I don't know to be honest if it is hard for a beginner or not.Graphics were pretty good considering.overall I liked it just not my fortee of a system.

I own Tales of Symphonia, beat it 5 times now. I love the game, easily my favourite RPG. (second overall is star oceans, and second for GC is Baten Kaitos)I really liked the graphics, even if they looked kiddy since it was cel-shaded. The world map looks really nice (though basic). And dungeons didn't all look like identical hallways. Though it didn't have much emotion and ocationally the eyes and mouths looked wrong.The battles were really nice though using a real time stratagy type fight. With alot of techs to aquire, choosing with techs you want (T or S line) Having 4 people able to fight at once (real players or CPUs) and being able to "program" them to do you want. Also cooking was innovative. The story was sub-par. It was decent, consistant and did the job, but a tad cliched. Like every RPG, you go around, gaining party members, solving problems until the final boss. but being different, they added skits, where you could "listen" to what the characters talked to each about, some times about fighting, humor, or romance. Also the story has a lot of twists, which make the cliched story a tad more intresting.This game also has good replay value, alot of items to collect, quite a few sidequests, minigames, 2 endings, also the fact you can keep things from your previous game, when you make a new one (like techniques) Weapons that get stronger each time you kill something.All and all, Tales of Symphonia is the greatest RPG for GC.

lol i never played this game B)  But if it's best RPG... maybe u should try to play that? :P

Keeper, Sons of The Dragon, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

158265[/snapback]

Do yourself a favour, and play it, if you have a gamecube, you must play this game atleast once. Its really really fun. And lasts a long time. B)

This was one of the best RPG's i played for GC it was rly exciting (i even beat it in 3 days non stop i could not put down the controler it was that good atleast i think) tho there probley was alot of stuff that i missed in the game

Tales of symphonia... everybody talks on how good is, but i've never played it T_T i want to play it! grr ><!! in the magazine i bought (i just bought it for a Tales of Symphonia article xDU) i love the graphics, and the system battle, *sighs* anyways i just got to buy it.. grrr ><

yeah i heard good things about the game and the series of games that fall in line with TOS, its good tactics but the only thing that made me not get the games in general was the cheap psx graphics, details as they are it didn't suit my gaming need.