xisto Community
harad

Which Game Maker You Use?

Which game maker you like?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well when i was young about in 7 grade. I tried to make a game. I knew nothing about making games. Just passion. After hours of searching on the internet i found out gamemaker. Pretty simple it looked and that was what i wanted. I learnt as much as i could by the tutorials and all the sample games provided in it. I also made my own pac man that was the first game i have ever created and then i created a platform based game of a football which had to go into the goal and had to save itself from goalkeeper monsters. Showed the game in my school as my project . Got full marks and also hell lot of appreciation

I have tried the most of them, and nothing is really good(including FPSCreator, it's junk), and you can't say that you made your game when you can't even add a logo correctly, or even your name. You will not feel good if you don't make a game completely by yourself, that way you'll know you can do it. I know that this topic is old, and there are lots of new game-makers now, but I suggest using none of them. Just learn programming and get some good 3D engine and make your own 3D models for the game. That way you'll feel satesfied with your game and you'll be able to show off around.

Most game creation utilities are not really good, mostly because the majority of them are only able to create one specific type of game. However, Game Maker is very diverse.Game Editor is also an OK game creation utility, though it still needs some work (like a help file explaining how to use it :D ). The great promising feature of Game Editor is the ability to cross platforms, allowing you to create a game on over 5 platforms, including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. If I was actually able to use it, I would possibly prefer it to Game Maker. But, as it happens, I find it very confusing, so I remain with Game Maker.

I pretty much taught myself to program with Game Maker, and I like how simple it is to quickly build something. I have since moved on to C#, but I still use Game Maker ocassionally to test my ideas.

the question is: which maker you like the most? click&answer :-)
i like rpgm2k, because is free and easy to use.

anyway verge is good too, but you must know c/c++ (alittle)

greetz

i would better use game maker since its very simple to use and is very user friendly.
But only thing is its not made for creating professional games like shooting and racing games.

If you are talking about professional shooters and racing games like Halo or Gran Turismo, no "game maker" tool is made to create games of that complexity.If you really want to make something more complex, you'll need to find (or build) a game engine that supports those more complex features.?

eh-wha? Unless I'm misunderstanding, Blitz 3D is a completely separate language with its own compiler. ?Each of the listed tools like Game Maker and Verge use their own programming languages, so the answer would be: none of them.

I used Game Maker for a LONG time when I was younger, lol. The similar syntax of the 'Game Maker Language' with C++ was really helpful to me when I started programming in C++. But it's not powerful enough to do any kind of a big project. These days, I use the Irrlicht engine. It's open-source ;). Yeh, and it's powerful, it can run hardcore games smoothly. About the others listed in the poll, I haven't even seen them by an accident...

Anyone who say Game Maker is incapable of large scale, professional projects, hasn't seen this site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've been using Game Maker for about three years, and I've made a lot with it. I've also seen what other long time users have made with it. It's surprisingly powerful if you know the coding part fairly well and have a registered version. :lol: