xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Fire Fox 1.0.4.. its beta?

I am using this new upgrade and it is quite good like Firefox 1.0 was. I did not notice any difference. Reading your posts i guess they only fix some security bugs.

I am personally glad they upgraded Fire Fox even if there is only a few bugs fixed. In fact I rather have bugs fixed to keep my computer safe from harm. Some added features would have been nice though.

m sure that u guys know about it already.

But to those who doesn;t

FF 1.0.4 is out..

it's more to a security fix.. A recommended upgrade.

152545[/snapback]

but already it's out that Firefox 1.0.4 has a couple major security holes, as well as internet explorer. there isn't a patch available for it, there are workarounds available, but Mozilla said they won't release a patch until v.1.0.5 comes out.

m sure that u guys know about it already.

But to those who doesn;t

FF 1.0.4 is out..

it's more to a security fix.. A recommended upgrade.

152545[/snapback]

We found that out awhile ago, it was essentially a wasted download, I really didn't notice any changes, and the security seems the same to me. Oh well, maybe there was a new virus specially designed to hack Firefox and this upgrade saved my life...

We found that out awhile ago, it was essentially a wasted download, I really didn't notice any changes, and the security seems the same to me. Oh well, maybe there was a new virus specially designed to hack Firefox and this upgrade saved my life...

155559[/snapback]

i dont find any sense to post stuffs like this ... the version 1.0 , for me, is the same that 1.0.4 ...

im with you ... i really dont notice anychanges ... maybe the changes it have are not visible for users, i dont know ... lets better wait for the next version to see if there are major changes ... :rolleyes:

It is basically the same as 1.0. The versioning system works like this:
First number is for big changes, the second number is intermediate and the third is for bug- and security fixes and the like. At least something like that.

So while you, as an end user, won't notice any difference between 1.0 and 1.0.4, you will get a more bug-free and higher security browser.

Oh, and it's not beta, it's a proper release. If you want something beta-like you can get a nightly build from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/