xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Request A Tutorial! If its witin my knowledge, Ill make it

Alright, hey guys. I'm still new to Xisto, but I'm ganna do my best to help people out in any way possible, I'd like to start by writing tutorials for people(thanks to BuffaloHELP for telling me were here to post this)!

Skills

-Alright, I'm very good with computer, inside and out. I personaly work with Windows XP, so I can help out with most everything in this general area(but there still are things I don't know!)

Since, just saying "Windows XP" is a little vague, I'll go more in-depth.

-If your having a problem with your browser, or just don't know how to do something, feel free to ask me to write something on it. "Omg, how to I use FireFTP?" I've actually written something on that! Things like that concurning your browser.

-If your programs don't seem to run correctly, or you don't know how to even run one, say "omg, how to I work IrfanVeiw?" I can help you with that, actaully, I've already written one on that topic.

-Basically I can tell you anything(well, most anything) that you need to know about programs and how to run/work them.

-Those are basic areas where people run into problems, but I can help with things such as HTML, Java, Uploading files into FTP, hosting. You name it, I can do it!

-It doesn't have to be a tutorial, you can just ask a simple question and I'll answer it. But please PM me about things, don't make a thread(don't' want to cause any trouble). If it's within my capability to write the tutorial, I'll make it!

But don't you want something in return?

-No way! I'm not after rep, anything, I just want to help people out in any ways. No, I'm not being a suck-up, no I'm not trying to become a mod, I'm just trying to help out.

Finaly;

If people are going to be asking me for tutorials, and help, I'm ganna be quite busy! Please don't swamp me with PM's or Emails, if I don't respond, I'm working on something else, just be patient I'll get to you. If I tell you I'm writing your tutorials, I'm writing your tutorial, don't pester me "Are you done?". NO! Once you see the topic in the "How To" section, I'M DONE!

Thanks everyone.

Happy posting.

Hey dude..then nice to have you in this board..Because there will be alot of people asking on Windows problems so you might help..Hope you have a nice time here...Cheerioz

Instead of asking people to ask you for a tutorial, just make them anyway and hold a record of which tutorial you have and where, then when they ask for it, you can give them the link.

Also, if you make all the tutorials you can and post them in the Tutorials your credits will soon rocket.

But it is good to know that people are willingly helpful and ready to offer their services.

Hey man. its pretty nice of you to offer all that. i'd like to make a request then. I'd like to make a website where if i have a new item i want to add to my menu list then that i wont have to go through adding it to every single site. Is php or something the right way to go? I know html and css and thats it from the internet languages. i think ill pm you incase this dosent get through. -Luc

Instead of asking people to ask you for a tutorial, just make them anyway and hold a record of which tutorial you have and where, then when they ask for it, you can give them the link.

Also, if you make all the tutorials you can and post them in the Tutorials your credits will soon rocket.

But it is good to know that people are willingly helpful and ready to offer their services.

152464[/snapback]

I know, I've written one and it's been accepted already. But what I want to do it write tutorials that relate to peoples DIRECT problems. So instead of writing tutorials just to have em there, I wanna write em to help individuals. I know where/how to post a tutorial, I'm not THAT new. And lastly, I'm not here for the hosting, as I've mentioned before I'm here to help people with there various computing problems.

With credits comes respect lol. Tailorin tutorials to personal issues will almost indeffinately resolve in people's problems overlapping. So, by creating as many tutorials as you can, it will be easier to just link that person to the tutorial. And if you haven't made it, and have yet to make it, then tell them.

With credits comes respect lol.

Tailorin tutorials to personal issues will almost indeffinately resolve in people's problems overlapping.

152733[/snapback]

You're obviously not understand this subject, I'm not making tutorials that no one really cares about, waste of time, instead I'm making tutorials that are ACTUAL problems on this board. Now, answer me this, how will make tutorials to peopels personal issues create MORE problems? The tutorial is meant to HELP people with there issues, and if it's make correctly(Which when I make mine, I make sure I'm correct) it WON'T cause more problems, it will solve them.

Now, making tutorials just for the hell of it seems pointless, why do that when you can make one that will be more helpfull(becuz it's helping the person a ton that requested it) and used?

Now I understand how you're saying "Link to all the tutorials you've made and make a ton". Well, I've linked them in my signature, but that still leaves other issues out there. And plus, this topic is "REQUEST A TUTORIAL" not, "make as many tutorials as you can and link to them".

If you still have an argurment, whatever, let me do what I wish to do.

One of the Forum rules is to respect other member's point of views. To be a good member and establish oneself as a respectful member is not to take other member's opinion to harshly.After all, we are here to exchange ideas and not to prove who's right or wrong.Let's play nicely. Okay? :P

One of the Forum rules is to respect other member's point of views. To be a good member and establish oneself as a respectful member is not to take other member's opinion to harshly.

152987[/snapback]

Ok, I understand that, and I'm sorry, but what he's saying, how

Tailorin tutorials to personal issues will almost indeffinately resolve in people's problems overlapping.

Will cause more issues? That's what I don't agree with. How will help people with there issues, and helping others if they may run into that issue, cause problems?

The way I'm veiwing this is, that if you help someone, this eliminates one problems, and if others run into that problem they can veiw this tutorial, thus causing less problems then if you were to just make random tutorials.

Pilgrim, I respectfully ask you to let me make tutorials at peoples request without making comments that "letting people request tutorials instead will cause more problems."

Though I do respect your opinion, I'm only out to help people, whether it be on tutorial helping one person, or one tutorial helping many.

~Thanks.

P.S. I appologize if I have offended you.

I downloaded Battlefield2 Demo, and when I start it up the screen goes black and it takes me back to the desktop. Would you know the problem to this ?

I downloaded Battlefield2 Demo, and when I start it up the screen goes black and it takes me back to the desktop. Would you know the problem to this ?

153023[/snapback]

Some games require you have pixel shader to run, say Everquest 2 needs a pixel shader, if you don't haev oen you'll crash. Read the sys requirment and make sure your computer meets all of them. I'm not sure what the problem good be exactaly though. Also, try running the program in "Combatibility" mode. This is only for you if you have an older version of window (e.i. Windows ME).

To Run in Compatibily Mode:

Right click the game .exe (BattlefieldDemo.exe) and click "Properties". Go to the tab that read "Compatibility" and click "Run in Compatibility Mode For:"

Then choose one of the OS's that this program can run in. It might be a good idea to "Run is 256" colors.

Hope that helps, remember though; please send ALL requests to my PM box.