xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoRuS

Criminals Made by society

We all know how easy kids are to "brainwash" with games and TV right?

Yesterday I was watching TV and there was a program on called Gammo (about computergames) and it was about a game called Grand theft or w/e, about stealing cars... In this game you are a criminal stealing a car and being a thug, shooting and looting on it's way.

The irony was that after this program there was another called "police chases" (dutch=politie achtervolgingen), about the police chasing down adult and kids wich did the same thing as the videogames they make :P

I think its sick when you first let children play these games to become criminals and then chase em down and send them to jail.

Just like the use of marijuana, wich is proven not be a hard drug. Here in Holland it's legal, but everywhere else it's looked at like it's the same as coca?ne and all and long times in prison are given.

So here in Holland the crime rates are way lower then other nations, not only , but mostly due to the fact marijuana is legal here.

Also with all this economic mess going on it's hard for poor people to put food on the table, due to the fact everything gets more expensive and salaries and wellfare remain the same or get cut off.

For some people who have nearly no money there is no ohter way then to steal food or do other stupid things to make sure their children can eat.

Maybe they need prisoners to keep the governments paid :P ...

thats what people are like my friend.i guess the thing that annoys us the most about hypocrisy is that it doesn't quite make sense to us."why wouldn't people be willing to follow through with what they believe? why do they punish people for what they've done, but aren't willing to prevent them from doing it in the first place?"its human nature. part of us as human beings LIKE to see people get punished. we get a strange kick out of knowing that justice is done (as long as it doesn't happen to us).Human beings have never been perfect (except Jesus) and never will be perfect (or at least without divine intervention). For this reason, justice, just like love, truth and peace, have all been mutilated beyond repair, and, society is left with how it is today.one day it'll all be resolved. hang in there, and don't waste your time on this earth.

Well the games the kids play, depends on what they like. But if you play it long enough you'll like it similar to prision food.LOL But the fact is the rate of foreigners coming in and getting the tax dollars. High Middle Class will be sucked dry down to middle class, and Wellfare will deffintily get cut off.

I agreed with everything except one part. Mariquana should be legal so people wouldn't do it..... Totally disagree.

I think after a certain age video games don't effect kids. I've played shooting video games for awile but I have the common sence to decide whats a video game and whats real life. I think that maby at a younger age its possible video games effect kids but I doubt it.

I think after a certain age video games don't effect kids. I've played shooting video games for awile but I have the common sence to decide whats a video game and whats real life. I think that maby at a younger age its possible video games effect kids but I doubt it.

Well true... and it depends on the child itself, but remember it works subliminal (subconscious) so traces will be still within their existance troughout their lifes, our lifes. I'm an adult but at times I find myself as well "brainwahes" after playing a game for some time. Like when I play NFS, I drive faster myself afterwards then before I played it... (cought myself red handed once :P)

I agreed with everything except one part. Mariquana should be legal so people wouldn't do it..... Totally disagree.

That's not what I meant lol, more like they persue, sue and put people to prison when they have used or carry marijuana. When it would be legal, crime will lower, not because people won't use it but people don't have to do stupid things to obtain it...
Only thing I disagree with on this is minors using it.

Peace

i think that video games is one of the cause for the increasing rate of criminals .. but it still depends on every individuals .. somebody can differentiate what is real life and what is video game .. some just do no . they mixed up the both ...

violent video games really should be monitored for what children can play it or not. yes they have the age label on the game but they can go to a friends house and play it. young impressionable children shouldn;t be able to get to games like that because they can begin to think that's what they should do in real life

thats what people are like my friend.

i guess the thing that annoys us the most about hypocrisy is that it doesn't quite make sense to us.

"why wouldn't people be willing to follow through with what they believe? why do they punish people for what they've done, but aren't willing to prevent them from doing it in the first place?"

its human nature. part of us as human beings LIKE to see people get punished. we get a strange kick out of knowing that justice is done (as long as it doesn't happen to us).

Human beings have never been perfect (except Jesus) and never will be perfect (or at least without  divine intervention). For this reason, justice, just like love, truth and peace, have all been mutilated beyond repair, and, society is left with how it is today.

one day it'll all be resolved. hang in there, and don't waste your time on this earth.

151943[/snapback]

I would SO give Switch a reputation point here if I could :unsure: Great post!

One thing I've stressed and continue to is exactly this, that our society is just going to keep getting worse and worse until it brings judgment upon itself.

So looking at the ironies of a society which creates criminals and then penalizes them may provide us some insight into the workings of things and even enlightenment perhaps, but hoping for a perfect world before the final judgment is fruitless, our world has been trying to get better and we've gone from Hitler to a larger scale of murder with abortion. The sheer scale of murder, adultery, and abuse of women and their children in this world has got to be about as high as it's ever been. Just because people are learning doesn't mean they're coming to the knowledge of the truth.

well you say video game cuz people to be violentm thats not always the case, its how people were brought up or what there enviroment is like but thats a contradiction though, all it take is one thought of can i get away with it.if they believe that so much they will try it.

well you say video game cuz people to be violentm thats not always the case, its how people were brought up or what there enviroment is like but thats a contradiction though, all it take is one thought of can i get away with it.

if they believe that so much they will try it.

158971[/snapback]

Mike, aren't the videogames a part of their environment? :unsure:

Yesterday I was watching TV and there was a program on called Gammo (about computergames) and it was about a game called Grand theft or w/e, about stealing cars... In this game you are a criminal stealing a car and being a thug, shooting and looting on it's way.

The irony was that after this program there was another called "police chases" (dutch=politie achtervolgingen), about the police chasing down adult and kids wich did the same thing as the videogames they make  :P

I think its sick when you first let children play these games to become criminals and then chase em down and send them to jail.

Just like the use of marijuana, wich is proven not be a hard drug. Here in Holland it's legal, but everywhere else it's looked at like it's the same as cocaďne and all and long times in prison are given.

So here in Holland the crime rates are way lower then other nations, not only , but mostly due to the fact marijuana is legal here.

Also with all this economic mess going on it's hard for poor people to put food on the table, due to the fact everything gets more expensive and salaries and wellfare remain the same or get cut off.

For some people who have nearly no money there is no ohter way then to steal food or do other stupid things to make sure their children can eat.

Maybe they need prisoners to keep the governments paid :unsure: ...

151675[/snapback]

So let me get this straight... You think that criminal behavior is caused by video games and because marijuana is illegal in most countries? Hmmm.

Criminal behavior is caused by the person that commits the criminal act. It can be for a lot of reasons. The criminal weighs the advantages and disadvantages of the crime... such as what do I gain as opposed to what do I lose if I get caught. If the chances of getting caught are slim... people are far more likely to commit a crime... solution... add more police officers. If the punishment is is too lenient... then what is there to keep them from commiting the crime. In America, the punishment for theft is quite often simply probation and community service. GOsh... that will teach them. Some countries simply cut of the hands of a theif.... Those countries don't have a theft problem. Solution... make the punishment for crime more severe... and also follow through with the punishment... no more plea bargaining.

So let me get this straight... You think that criminal behavior is caused by video games and because marijuana is illegal in most countries? Hmmm.

Criminal behavior is caused by the person that commits the criminal act. It can be for a lot of reasons. The criminal weighs the advantages and disadvantages of the crime... such as what do I gain as opposed to what do I lose if I get caught. If the chances of getting caught are slim... people are far more likely to commit a crime... solution... add more police officers.  If the punishment is is too lenient... then what is there to keep them from commiting the crime. In America, the punishment for theft is quite often simply probation and community service. GOsh... that will teach them. Some countries simply cut of the hands of a theif.... Those countries don't have a theft problem. Solution... make the punishment for crime more severe... and also follow through with the punishment... no more plea bargaining.

159161[/snapback]

At the same time the flip side of that is an increased potential for corruption. Just look at all the police officers and prosecutors abusing their power as it is! We're seeing crooked judges left and right, mayors lining their own pockets, etc...

We can't even ensure that it's guilty people going to death row right now, how many innocent people have been taken off death row in the last 5 years, 30 or so?

Giving more power to those who aren't properly using what they already have might not be the greatest idea. If you could fix the corruption increased penalties could be a good idea however.

Criminal behavior is caused by the person that commits the criminal act. It can be for a lot of reasons. The criminal weighs the advantages and disadvantages of the crime... such as what do I gain as opposed to what do I lose if I get caught. If the chances of getting caught are slim... people are far more likely to commit a crime... solution... add more police officers.  If the punishment is is too lenient... then what is there to keep them from commiting the crime. In America, the punishment for theft is quite often simply probation and community service. GOsh... that will teach them. Some countries simply cut of the hands of a theif.... Those countries don't have a theft problem. Solution... make the punishment for crime more severe... and also follow through with the punishment... no more plea bargaining.

159161[/snapback]

I think you missed the point a bit...

What I am trying to say that videogames and tv-programmes brainwash our societies, creating criminals. As I said that Game-show about Grand Theft (stealing cars) was right before the one about the police. It was clear to me that those games really influence the fragile minds of kids (and some adults) because all I saw on there was 12 to 16 year olds, stealing cars and running from the police.

I have a kid myself and I sometimes see his reactions on certain programmes and games, even music...

As well for the marijuana...

More people die a day because of alcohol then of marijuana.

The thing is why alcohol is legal and marijuana not, is that alcohol fogs the mind and make sheeps of us and marijuana on the other hand opens our mind (depends of the way it is used though) and let us see what is hidden. (No... I don't smoke it myself)

Yes criminal behavious is caused by the person itself, but that person can be badly influenced by whatever society provides, even poverty.

But if we only put in more police officers we only would add to the circle we are in, action and reaction, untill the police officers and prosecutors become the criminals themselves. (I think we allready reached that point).

In my opinion, most people don't like me for that :unsure:, I think it's best to get rid of violent video-games and brain'draining' tv programmes, if only it was to see if crime-rates will drop. And of course devide the money in this world equally, that will help big time as well.

Peace out

I think you missed the point a bit...

What I am trying to say that videogames and tv-programmes brainwash our societies, creating criminals. As I said that Game-show about Grand Theft (stealing cars) was right before the one about the police. It was clear to me that those games really influence the fragile minds of kids (and some adults) because all I saw on there was 12 to 16 year olds, stealing cars and running from the police.

I have a kid myself and I sometimes see his reactions on certain programmes and games, even music...

As well for the marijuana...

More people die a day because of alcohol then of marijuana.

The thing is why alcohol is legal and marijuana not, is that alcohol fogs the mind and make sheeps of us and marijuana on the other hand opens our mind (depends of the way it is used though) and let us see what is hidden. (No... I don't smoke it myself)

Yes criminal behavious is caused by the person itself, but that person can be badly influenced by whatever society provides, even poverty.

But if we only put in more police officers we only would add to the circle we are in, action and reaction, untill the police officers and prosecutors become the criminals themselves. (I think we allready reached that point).

In my opinion, most people don't like me for that :D, I think it's best to get rid of violent video-games and brain'draining' tv programmes, if only it was to see if crime-rates will drop. And of course devide the money in this world equally, that will help big time as well.

Peace out

159504[/snapback]

Of course the obvious trick with dividing the money in the world equally is that you'd probably need to get guys like Bill Gates and Donald Trump to agree to it... How likely do you think that is to happening? :P