xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Project Gmail Host -take the challenge of this old man

Hi, I am starting development of the project once again and I would like some help from you guys. I am going to create a sourceforge account soon as well as looking for people who wantto help with the development of the project. So I am open for feature requests.Thanks again for your support.

Anyone developed a new project regarding Gmail "HOST". It's a very interesting project and I would be very grateful if you could tell us if we could host larger files too or how we could upload them.

Hi, I am starting development of the project once again and I would like some help from you guys. I am going to create a sourceforge account soon as well as looking for people who wantto help with the development of the project. So I am open for feature requests.

Thanks again for your support.

175966[/snapback]

any new updates, evilguru? :) some features i'd like to see are support for mpeg files, as well as support for multiple attached files for access on a single gmail message. to explain that last feature, you see, i have several attachments (more than one on a single gmail message) which gets sent my way which i want to be made accessible via download. will there be a way to work around gmail on this using the codes you are developing? keep us constantly posted. :) and hope we can visit your sourceforge account on this project soon! :(

well I dont think so that now it is possible to host any files on gmail or in other words what this challange was all about.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
In this page you'll find a post which tells you that gmail has fixed a security hole and if I am not wrong then this is regarding this challange only.

well I dont think so that now it is possible to host any files on gmail or in other words what this challange was all about.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

In this page you'll find a post which tells you that gmail has fixed a security hole and if I am not wrong then this is regarding this challange only.

183238[/snapback]

i dunno exactly how that article affects the use of the libgmailer which is primarily used by evilguru for this gmail hosting project. but i noticed the date of that article to be january of 2005, and yet this project is still working as of this date, at least from the tests made by some of us here. :)

see how this test gif file still works, as hosted from a gmail account. :)

http://www.dcrez.co.uk/create/gmail/gmail.php?q=test_dog

thanks for the article anyway, maybe evilguru will take that in consideration, if needed. :(

You spoke to soon I am afraid, it has just stopped working again, however I am hot on the case and will tell you as soon as I have got it working again as well as where you can find the newest zip file.

I have looked into it and it is not a problem on my side, it seems to be that libgmailer is in need of an update, I am not sure when this will come but hold onto your seats, they are normally a great bunch of guys and should have a new version ready before we even know it!

will wait for you to update us then evilguru. :ph34r: thanks. :D

Waahh!!! That's so great! I never thought you would be able to host a website by Gmail!!! :D I'm so amazed! Hehe!

157370[/snapback]

But is it actually being hosted as a file? I thought that all e-mail messages are specially formatted with header information and possibly HTML formatting, and I also know that when I download an attachment, the browser's URL bar shows a string of characters, but how could a PHP script retrieve e-mails? Or does it extract the attachment/attachments from the e-mail? (If so, how will it work on multiple attachments?)

what about index.php/htm how do we host em onto google. Google doesn't have a file host, but do you mean sending the pictures to yourself and using the link to the image?