xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Phyre

A New Sig First attempt of a Pop-Up Sig

A new sig I just created with a few new brushes I've found. It's my first attempt at a sig with an extruding render. The render is from an Anime movie called Appleseed [http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/] and the I created the render myself by extracting it from a high resolution screenshot, so it's a bit rough around the edges. Tell me what you think, and how I can improve it. And yes, I know the "phyre" text sucks..and the "Appleseed" is the official logo/title/font thing of the movie.

Posted Image

Looks pretty nice, the only things I could point out is the font for Phyre, like you said, and fixing the render up a bit. Otherwise, looks pretty nice to me.Oh, if his right shoulder stuck out it might look a little better as well...maybe.Good sig though. 8/10 on what you have now.(That's kinda funny, because at lunch today a friend was talking about Appleseed, it's funny that just after I heard about it I'd see a sig for it. :P)

Actually, the right shoulder was cut off on the original screenshot :P so I had to work with what I could. Any further suggestions for the "phyre" text?And I highly reccomend Appleseed, whether or not you like anime. It rocks!

Actually, the right shoulder was cut off on the original screenshot :P so I had to work with what I could. Any further suggestions for the "phyre" text?

And I highly reccomend Appleseed, whether or not you like anime. It rocks!

151129[/snapback]

Ah. I see. And try the font Stuntman. I dunno if it'll look good, but it's worth a try.

And I LOVE anime. :P

I'm not a fan of anime (probably because it's my brother's favorite :P ) but I like it! P.S. I sort of got jealous with all of you out there who show off your sigs so here's my first signature creation (this should probably be in another post but... :P ) Do you see it? The render is from an Alias website and the brushes from deviantart.com. So? ... :(

Phyre, looking good. I don't think the render is cut out that bad, I think it looks fine, unless you look really hard, trying to spot out of place pixels :PJust when you change the font for Phyre, maybe move it down a bit more and a little more to the left. Loving that background though.leiaah, it's pretty decent for a first sig. Next time, try a border, bring out the text more, and try not to make it too monotone :P - awesome start though

I'm not a fan of anime (probably because it's my brother's favorite  :P ) but I like it! 

P.S. I sort of got jealous with all of you out there who show off your sigs so here's my first signature creation (this should probably be in another post but... :P )  Do you see it?  The render is from an Alias website and the brushes from deviantart.com.  So? ...  :(

151223[/snapback]

@leiaah -- yupyup. Like CF said, needs a few minor touches here and there, but overall, awesome start.

Leiaah - A lot better then my first attempt....my suggestions are to blend in the renders a bit more, and have a little contrast between the text and the background...it's really hard to read.My sig - Yeah...i know theres some loose pixels laying around...I'll clean it up soon and fix a few things....this is the 2nd render i've ever done, so it's not exactly perfect. This is the first sig I've made that isn't blue, green, black or grey o_O.

usually i really dont like the popup sigs. that is because they almost always do not look smooth around the edges. but yours actually does look pretty smooth. i also like the background of the sig. the blue/purple color fits well with the render. nice job.

@ Saint_Michael : Are you talking to me or leiaah? o_O

151601[/snapback]

Hers isn't a popup, and yours doesn't have light blue...I'm confused.

im seeing a light blue background on your pop up phyre maybe its my computer but i see it