xisto Community
serverph

Google Help: Cheat Sheet its official :P

can be easily kept in memory (your brain, that is :D), but if you need a quick reference guide for google search, here it is:
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?rd=1

print it, bookmark it, or just plain memorize it. :D

--- additional ---
for advanced operators, you can use this:
http://www.googleguide.com/advanced_operators_reference.html
(this however is provided by a third party site, which is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Google. still useful though even if it's not official. :()

Edited by serverph (see edit history)

Wow...I didn't even know about those features until now. I wonder what other options they have that I don't know about...

150453[/snapback]

Not sure, but there are several easter eggs. For example, if you type in "the answer to life, the universe, and everything", you'll get 42. This is only funny if you have read "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

the answer to life, the universe, and everythingive tried it... it shows =42 haha.. thats really funny even i didn't read the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

we its all nice and dandy but really do you need to get that technical with using a search?

we its all nice and dandy but really do you need to get that technical with using a search?

183120[/snapback]

well, i do. :) since i use google search i lot, i find it comforting to know that there is a better and faster way to search things i want to find, without too much time spent trawling over hundreds and thousands of pages. :(

it's a take-it-or-leave-it proposition. :) it's not forced on anybody. and if someone is contented with the search results in its default state, without using the advanced features of the google search, then so be it. :D i'm just here sharing what i find to be useful. garbage to some, but a goldmine to many. :(

OMG i didnt really know about those maths functions (i kinda need it because im so bad at it lol) Do you know anymore of them pages maybe somthing to do with english because you know im bad at that too :)

Do you know anymore of them pages maybe somthing to do with english because you know im bad at that too  :)

183991[/snapback]

an "english language cheat-sheet"? :D i will keep my eyes peeled for one. will update everyone when i get to see one. :)

It's not technical, use may use or not. Google's strongest point is being simple yet very useful IMO...
The advanced functions are easy to remember in spite of being advanced ... And they also have some smart functions, like when you search a film they will show info, and you can type a location and get showtimes... it's astounding :P

Wow now theres even a calculator! this is great so we dont have to worry about math anymore! hehe, its everything online, remember the truth is inside there ... I did knew about the search within a site, i think thats what a lot of sites do within their pages, they include a link that searches google, adding "site:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;.

That was a useful post.I knew about the official google cheatsheet and use some of them, but the ones in the additional third party link were cool...Thanks dude... btw many of these search operators like filetype, * etc can be used on google desktop search as well...so search intelligently now...Cheers