xisto Community
Joannespw

New Tablet Pc's With Turn Around Screens your opinion and experiences

IBM is coming out with a brand new tablet PC that you can turn around and use. I am looking to buy one myself when it comes out because I think it would be great to use for taking notes in class, working while traveling and playing the odd game.

IBM tablet PC
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

ACER tablet PC
http://www.acer.com/worldwide/selection.html

Does anyone know any more?

But Since I am a careful consumer I would like to heard your experiences/opinions about tablet pc's.

well,acer travelmate series issues some tablet pc and is supported by microsoft windows xp home editon tablet version.my classmates got one and use it to take note like your view when in class:).there is a touching magnetic pen to control the screen instead of mouse and keyboard so you can turn around the LCD display like a real note,very fashion and convenient.

Oh I thought they had these types of notebook long ago already?But I think they look stupid..Imagine a business man takes out his notebook from his notebook bag, then open the notebook screen... and twist and turn the screen to plug out the LCD screen...Look so dumb..

I think it looks great, no more paper notebooks! I love the digital world. its so much more suited to my lifestyle- being on the move all the time you want to have tech at your fingertips. I am just not sure about the performance of these notebooks, I doubt they will be able to run proper games and video demanding software. Also the are so bloody expensive!!

I think this is a good idea if you are at college or university and need to take notes, where a tablet PC is good, and type up work, where a keyboard comes in handy. It does, however, look slightly flimsy and I think the screen will not last very long if it is continually being twisted around. It is a nice idea and after years of development will probably become a standard feature of all laptops.

My Uncle has one of those... they are really great u bend them any way you please to make it easier for ur self...also i heard they will make it so u can write on the screen with plastic pen..i think that will be great for collage... but does anyone know how much it costs now?

there are lots of advantage of tablet series,but a liitle expensive...my classmate got one,the configuration of which is pentium M 1.1GHz(low volage) 512M RAM(support the DDR2) 11" LCD display grafics card made by ATI x300,certainly the price is high from its config about $2000.

there are lots of advantage of tablet series,but a liitle expensive...my classmate got one,the configuration of which is pentium M 1.1GHz(low volage) 512M RAM(support the DDR2) 11" LCD display grafics card made by ATI x300,certainly the price is high from its config about $2000.

151111[/snapback]

Between 1500 - 2500 dollars at the moment. Acer has one, and IBM is coming out with a new one. Its not exactly cheap... unfortunately

Does anyone know if there is a tablet pc that will support video graphics ect? Its nice for notes but will it also be ok to watch video's on and play pc games with as total war - that demand a pretty good graphics cards.

Update: Decided that it wasn't worth it to get a tablet as my primary pc. I needed something that was also functional. and for the same price as a tablet you can get some great things!!! I do believe in the fufure of tablets though. i wish that the turn aroun screen was an option for every single pc! so now I am going to get this pc:Acer ferrari 4005, with the new turion 64 bit chipset. Am also going to max out the ram memmory and see if i can get the new 100G hd 7200 rmp hard drive in there (now there is a 100 G 5400 rpm in there). value for money? I was a little hesitant when I saw that the ferrari logo was on the notebook - I though I might be paying more for a notebook because of some label. But then I looked at the rop of the line notebooks from IBM, Dell and gaming notebooks from alienware etc and is seems that the Acer ferrari is actually very decently priced for a top of the line notebook! I think I am going to be very happy with my choice.