xisto Community
MarCrush

Windows Or Linux Which is better, Windows or Linux?

Which is better, Windows or Linux?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I Like work with windows XPLinux dont detect my hardware , i hate itwindows xp is not secure but its very nicei think good os is :windows xp with serivce pack II (last build) and windows media player 10 and msn 7 with dirext 9 and antivirus software with firewall software

Lately ive been beginning to hate windows a lot. And its not because of internet cause I have a computer that has a partition where I make music and videos and I dont let it go online and it still crashes and has given me a couple of blue screens. Its windows xp service pack 2. I would migrate to linux but it doesnt have any multimedia programs that I use. I guess that I will have to save up and buy a macintosh

I think that the poll speaks for itself...it is an overwelming majority that prefer linux, and personally my fav. distro at the moment is gentoo...had very few problems with it...i have also posted a bit more about it on a different thread somewhere in this section if you want to know more...also visit:

https://www.gentoo.org/

wow, about 2 months not being here and this post has expanded to two pages, anyways, let's start the bunson burner and let's roll:

R Crazy Idiot: Ah, an ignorant Windows user who thinks that someone will make a virus once it comes popular. In Linux, if you have ever paid attention to it, it has a sophisticated permission system which will restrict maliculous software from ever altering system files and it will not delete any files that it DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION to. Also, if you have SELinux installed, all services and software are locked in into a chroot jail and if a code tries to brake through, it will be automatically terminated. Also, depending how you configured Linux, it can crash easily. Yet, if you leave it to default settings from the distributor, it will have less chance of being crashed. All operating system crashes, but Linux crashes less than Windows because Linux handles the memory better. Crashing also depends on your hardware. Windows and Linux will crash if you have a crappy machine.

Dragonfly: The point of Linux is NOT to be a replacement for Windows, it is AN ALTERNATIVE for Windows.

That's all I have say for now.

xboxrulz