xisto Community
cragllo

Best Lan Games

Lan games ? why not saying multiplayer games because most of multiplayer games are playable using LAN. i have played many games and most of the games are completely enjoyable while you play them in multiplayer mode.
One most difference between playing on LAN and playing on net is that on net you need high speed connection with very little delay which is not available for all peoples but when you play it on local network then you don't need to worry about bandwidth. so when i want to choose a game for playing on local network i never first go for Counter Strike, counter strike is a nice game for playing online because it doesn't need high speed connection but it is an old game with some major bugs which helped some people thinking they are professional in counter strike by buying an AK47 and killing every one with only one hit or 3 hit.

But when i don't have to worry about bandwidth then i can say the best game for local area network is the latest version of Call of Duty, very nice on multiplayer and very high on details, graphics and physics in it's latest version. i think even with playing counter strike for 5 year it will not improve your aiming skills so much because game is not so detailed and can not provide a huge space for testing you aiming skills but in COD you have the chance to see what a real aiming ability should be like.

if i have to choose one game then i will choose "Call of Duty - Black Ops" for playing with my friends. one of the features i love in this game is that Wager Matches which if you loose you will loose all of your points collected. anyway there is a down part for COD:BO and it is that all of the players need to have an active connection while playing through lan but it doesn't mean that you will play through internet you play only using lan but an active connection is required duo to some security reasons. actually in COD - BO you will face many features in multiplayer mode than any other game you have seen till now.

Just to point out, the reason people are stating "LAN" games and not multiplayer.. is that often times people have "LAN" parties where there is no internet connection available, or a slow one.. Which might work fine for 1-2 people, but when shared with 7-8 people all trying to log onto the same servers it becomes laggy and bogged down... So yes..they are looking for "LAN" games. (not multiplayer)

The best LAN games I can think of are:HALOCounter-StrikeUnreal Tournament 2004 (Maybe UT3?)Command and Conquer RenegadeIn the RTS area I'd say Empire Earth, Age of Empires, and the Command and Conquer games (in that order)

Warcraft 3Serious SamCounterstrike (1,6 and Source)League of LegendsC&CDay of DefeatHalf life DeathmatchLeft 4 Dead- Hope This Will help You consider some good games and Help Your LAN :D