xisto Community
kevdaguru

Making Money Creating Logo's How to make money designing logos using Adobe Photoshop

if you guys with more experience are looking to take on some small jobs but good paying stuff there is a site called https://www.sitepoint.com/, you need to register its free, and there is always people there looking for designers for custom logos, business cards, flyers websites.. and they pay good money.. I go there daily and see who needs what and I try to respond ans much as possible.

They also do alot of design contest, but they are mainly the companys looking to find the best logo..
and for those of you looking to expand on your portfolios this isa great way to do so.. plus, you can also sell your custom designs thru them..

You can't make professional logos in Photoshop. Photoshop is for image manipulation. Illustrator and other simlar vector programmes are for illustration and in this case, logo design.

You can't make professional logos in Photoshop. Photoshop is for image manipulation. Illustrator and other simlar vector programmes are for illustration and in this case, logo design.

Indeed Vector softwares are better to design logos. But still, if you do it in very good resolution in Photoshop, it can be good. But I still think Illustrator would be better for that.
I'm using Photoshop for quite a long time now and I mostly use it for photomanipulation. It's actually why I'm looking for a free web hosting service, to build up my portfolio online because I only have a deviantart account till now. I think that it's better to have your own site when you're doing that. Maybe I'll try it someday... Thanks for the link anyway.

That is pretty cool but I SUCK at making things with Photoshop. I tried making a Logo for a site and it turned out deformed and everything.....

Great idea, and I'm on it too. but small suggestion from me that perhaps illustrator tool is better when you designing a logo... Photoshop is very powerful but its nature purpose is for raster image tools. However, anything about designing is just a matter of how expert we dealt with some tools. One of my friend very creative creating logos using powerpoint. :)