xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milk

I Despise Stupid Questions. How much is that 50 cent pack of gum?

I know parents like to ask you about your day and they 'enjoy' hearing what you did at school, but don't you ever feel so damn taciturn that every single thing they ask irks you so much that you feel like strangling them?

Or when you're in class and the teacher's teaching the day's lesson.

Teacher: "Sponges belong in Phylum Porifera"

and some idiot kid asks 10 minutes later, interrupting the teacher,

Kid: "Wait, what? What phylum are sponges in?"

He's all trying to be funny but it's so retarded it's just idiotic.

That's not what really pisses me off though.

Today was the first day of summer school (for Physical Education...) and my mom came and picked me up. She was just asking all these retarded questions like, "What do you have on your schedule?" (What the hell? You paid for one class. What else would I have on my schedule.) Or, "What's your second period?" (Goddammit wtf? YOU PAID FOR ONE CLASS, I DON'T HAVE A SECOND PERIOD).

And then, I hate people who ask useless questions. Questions that have no point or just questions that are non sequitur. Like for instance, "Was your teacher male or female?" (What the hell does that have to do with anything?) or, "Was your teacher black or white?" (That is totally irrelevant. Are you suggesting that ethnicity makes a difference?)

Or for instance questions about routine. Like, I've been going to school for a freaking 11 years. There is a routine to how school's do things and it is the same each year. My mom always asks me the same questions every single year. Asking, "What'd you do on the first day?" Blah blah, (Yes, I picked up my schedule..like every year...)

OR, I hate when my I give my mom some sort of school form that she has to read and after she's done "reading" it, she'll hand it back to me and ask what it is. -.-; That is so annoying. You just read it, is your memory so poor that you cannot remember what you read 2 minutes ago? Or do you just enjoy pissing me off?

I know there are certain questions asked that are idiot questions....but if the person doesn't know before hand, it's not a stupid question. Asking about things you know is stupid and retarded ::shakes fist angrily::

Just, idiot questions that make me waste my breath on something useless pisses me off. I'm a really quiet person and I don't like talking a whole lot, but honestly...People say there are no stupid questions, but jeez....

Yea...Lol, Truth. My Mom: "What Did You Do In School Today"Me: As Usual (Im Thinkking The Same *BLEEP*in Thing I Do Everyday)My Mom: "Do You Have Home Work"Me: Yes (Im Thinkin You Just Talked To My Teacher Yesterday And She Said I Have Home Work Everyday)

Wheather you like it or not, nobody is perfect and nobody is going to act the way you want them to act so just accept them because it's not wrong that they don't know the answer to a question just discussed. Maybe they have a learning disability or something. Who cares. I suggest that you just chill out because this stress about other people is only going to bring you down. Stress pretty damaging both mentally and physically so just take a breather when you feel the stress coming on. Life is too short to worry about all the little things.

im wondering too how much a pack of 50 cent is gum is i think its 26 ruples in russain lol

Wheather you like it or not, nobody is perfect and nobody is going to act the way you want them to act so just accept them because it's not wrong that they don't know the answer to a question just discussed. Maybe they have a learning disability or something. Who cares. I suggest that you just chill out because this stress about other people is only going to bring you down. Stress pretty damaging both mentally and physically so just take a breather when you feel the stress coming on. Life is too short to worry about all the little things.

Did I say anything at all about those with learning disabilities? No I didn't. I did not say anything about questions among those with disabilities. How did you infer that?

No where in my post did I say anything about the way people act. I said nothing about people's personalities or the way they act. Even if I did say something about that, I wouldn't want them to change just for me, because I'm not that big of an idiot. I wouldn't even bother talking about it. So, how did you infer that (2)?

Where, anywhere, did I say this was stressful for me? Nowhere! I don't know where you're getting your information, but you're posting in the wrong topic. And again, how did you infer that I was stressed (3)?

And by the way, if you were referring the "learning disabilities" part to my little story about the kid asking the biology question, something you might want to know: this kid is one of the smartest kids I know with nothing to hinder his 'ability to learn'. He did it to be an idiot. Don't say anything if you don't know what you're about. So again, I never mentioned anything about learning disabilities.

Oh, and another thing. This is the Vent topic. If you're going to spew that crap at me, you might as well do it in every single topic in this forum.

And again, how did you infer that I was stressed (3)?

I dunno, maybe it's cos the way you're coming across through your writing style. Have to say, I got a picture of somebody wound quite tight while reading your posts. But then it is very easy to misinterpret tone from what someone has written on a message board.

As for the topic of your vent, with regards to 'stupid questions' from your parents, here's a news flash from someone who's a bit older than you: as you get older, the harder it is to keep a track of everything going on in your life.

So while you think somebody must be stupid for not remembering something you told them yesterday or the previous year or whenever, I can relate to that mindset cos I know how thinking about mortgage repayments, or paying your rates, or sorting out your tax return, or getting your super changed over, or having to fix a leaking tap, or having to deal with whatever crap your boss might be throwing at you this week, or having to take your dog to the vet, or trying to book a holiday, all at the same time (and I don't even have kids) can sometimes mean that other things slip your mind.

I think I'm a pretty well organised person and like to think I don't ask too many 'stupid questions', but I know for a fact that I don't have as good a memory for everything as I did when I was at school/uni.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, before you flame somebody for something they've done that upsets you, you should always try and see things from their point of view.

My mother does the same thing also. She asks about what I did in school and I'm expected to give a thorough reply. Asking me questions I guess is all right but I hate it when she fusses and asks more questions about my answers. Sometimes it works if I go home and dash to the bathroom that way she won't bother me. :P

I dunno, maybe it's cos the way you're coming across through your writing style. Have to say, I got a picture of somebody wound quite tight while reading your posts. But then it is very easy to misinterpret tone from what someone has written on a message board.

....Stress is not the same as being annoyed......

As for the topic of your vent, with regards to 'stupid questions' from your parents, here's a news flash from someone who's a bit older than you: as you get older, the harder it is to keep a track of everything going on in your life.

Don't misinterpret. I was only using my mom as an example...I wasn't just talking about her.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, before you flame somebody for something they've done that upsets you, you should always try and see things from their point of view.

<.< One more thing to you, before you come out and think I'm a really shallow person, notice that I'm only talking about one thing. This isn't about feelings or anything and I wasn't flaming anyone. This was a rant. I was complaining about something. There's nothing else to it.

Maybe the people who are asking these stupid questions are trying to make a conversation. Maybe you should try and continue it.

148687[/snapback]

Okay..maybe you're not getting the point :P

asdf: What's your favorite color?

;lkj: green.

asdf: Why?

;lkj: because it's a nice color.

;lkj: ....Because it means grass is nice and healthy.

;lkj: ...shut up.

Excellent conversation.

Your language is controversial, learn to vent without possibly offending others (retarded, G.D.), I think you lack maturity. Your whole choice of vocabulary in your initial post is that of a child. I do not mean to offend, yet understand that words can identify the maturity of someone. I didn't like your choice of words. You offended me on several occasions, now to my views...To your complaint about the kid in the classroom - some people just don't pay attention the whole darn class and need to ask the teacher in case they may have missed something (heck I never paid attention, but then again I never asked or tried to get the info. anyways). I had a goofball in my graduating class a couple years back who was very smart yet always asked those questions where you just thought to yourself "I can't believe he didn't get that." You're a stressed out guy bro, wow, stressed out. Heck, I laughed so hard each time he would ask a stupid question - it's funny, not annoying. If you're this uptight you're not gonna have a lot of friends down the road, trust me. Laugh it up, heck, make fun of the kid...in a nonoffending way. I hate stupid questions too, but sometimes they can just kickstart a conversation...sometimes I have to pull one of them off just so I can talk to someone...please get upset about other things, THIS IS NOT WORTH IT BECAUSE STUPID QUESTIONS WILL NEVER GO AWAY...NEVER.As for anyone complaining about their parents, especially you milk (16 years old) - and all those other younger ones out there - your parents raised you, they have spend thousands and thousands of dollars on you, deal with those crappy, insignificant topic starters, unless you have the money to avoid them....Any questions? :P

I agree with what you're saying. However, I don't feel so strong about it like you. I do believe that you shouldn't ask a question if you know it...However, sometimes you may forget that you know it, or just may have temporarily forgotten it. Even if it happens all the time, people will still ask stupid questions. Most of us have at some time asked a stupid question.

I love the retarded kids in my class. They ask stupid questions but it's hilarious. Like this kid Eric. He's so stupid. Like for example yesterday in Family Studies (something like Home Ed for you amerks)Eric: Teacher teacher teacher, I can't get the answer to quesiton 9.Teacher: Keep trying Eric.5 minutes later, he gets up. Eric: I still don't get it. (in a loud retarded voice he then says) WHO KNOW SCIENCE!!!???AHhh, that kids hilarious.

hi,yeah... the questions can be pretty stupid sometimes....like if you meet a friend at a movie....he/you ask... "hey! what are you doing here?"how stupid does that sound.. obviously he is not here whenever he is free... obviously should have come to watch the movie only...There can be many more such instances but we dont notice them in our daily life neither do we find them so odd... do we???Cheers.