xisto Community
skazi

RPG Maker XP

I kinda like it, but I like RM2k3 better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, I only agree somewhat as to the fact that rm2k3 is easier but you cant over look the fact that rmxp is so much better lookin with PERFECT font, none of that run together crap like in 2k/2k3 and the scripting in xp makes it so versataile. You can basically change anything you want in your game using the scripting, such as menus, battles, just how the game works. I give RMXP a thumbs up, and RM2K3 get the thumbs down because the only draw to it is that it's easier to use and you cant script. Just my opinion ^^.

Okay as far as the program being illegal; noone cares because it would suck to have to pay for it.(kinda like buying mp3s when you can just download them. I can't tell you the exact link but just google the words 'gamingw' and the site should help you get started on making rpgs. Besides that I have to agree/disagree with you guys I like Rpg Maker XP and 2003 the same but for different reasons. Its according to which game you want to emulate( i mean model your game after not like useing an emulator)If you want a Dragon Warrior type game then use rpg maker 2000if you want a Final Fantasy type game then use Rpg Maker 2003But if you use Rpg Maker XP/2004 then you can learn Ruby and do anything the other two do.anyways I have my own staff of people that create Rpgs and fighting games. I fyou are interested in helping then please pm me.

Although RPG Maker XP has its advantages, I'd stick to RPG Maker 2003 for making RPG games. It is very easy to use and has a wide-range of resources, and can now be bought legally from Enterbrain. Plus, it is much smoother and user-friendly. If you really want to go advance on RPG games--like 3D and such--use a completely different program.And, so what is XP has Ruby? The programming language is only designed to edit the statistics and stuff within the characters and events, but nothing out-of-the-game, like 3D modeling and importing outside data.

Can someone explain to me exactly what type of game would u call the RPG games? are these none graphic games, like cmd prompt style or waht? i've tried many RPGs ppl make and majoriy have been non-graphic.

A quick google search brought me this link for the download: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

With my short and weak experience in the RPG games, I found that 2003 was much better than XP. Maybe it was because I never got used to XP, but I think it was that 2003 was more user friendly. Now, if you're advanced, that's a good thing, but for me it was harder to get used to.

Also, there are many more resources like tile sets and sprites for RPG Maker 2003 than there is for RPG Maker XP.

The english RMXp is not legal, none of the english rpgmaker series are lega, but if you buy them in japanese, you are allowed to get the translation patches. For Rmxp Rpg_Advocates english patch is available, and for rm2k/2k3 Don Miguel's patch is the one you want. But it is definately illegal to download them for free.

Where can I download RPG Maker XP?

I've download already the illegal one (last year when there was no legal one), I don't know if I may tell this on the forum but if you wanna know, you may PM me. Hopefully the place is not closed till now.RPGMaker XP is the latest installment of RPGMaker Series in PC. Well, thanks to Ruby development, there is no limit anymore what we can do in our games. Moreover in battle system we can do everything. Still, Ruby is not easy... well till now I still can't use it.And./.. thanks to the Encrypt feature, now so few games can be download and I may learn the game system... it's encrypted and only the developers may open it. And also, maybe because it's too difficult or I don't know why but the games I found using RPGMakerXP is so...... few. Contrary to RPGMaker2K. But, still the games is depleting right now and then. Wonder if the time in the future there is a time where RPGMaker games will be flourish again?

Sorry for bringing this thread back up, but I noticed a bunch of people had questions/problems with the RPG Makers.

I have made a site, along with a friend of mine, based around helping people with RPG Maker 2k3/XP.

We are still in the process of getting the main site up and running, but the forums are good to go. We are still implementing some stuff to the forums, and of course are open to suggestions.

So, if anyone needs help with RPGMakers visit my site, and sign up for the forums, we're always here to answer you're questions.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The english RMXp is not legal, none of the english rpgmaker series are lega, but if you buy them in japanese, you are allowed to get the translation patches. For Rmxp Rpg_Advocates english patch is available, and for rm2k/2k3 Don Miguel's patch is the one you want. But it is definately illegal to download them for free.

This is wrong. There is a legal English version of RPG Maker XP. You can download a 30 day trial at download.com: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
You do have to pay money($60) for the full version. The illegal English version is called postiliaty knights edition, which was released when there was no English version.