xisto Community
Becca

Layout Stealers I really HATE them

Here is a question, when you click view source in a browser does it show how the page is layed out now or does it show the text that was sent to the browser from the website. If it is the latter you could load the page scrambled and then lay the page out after it loads via java script. You could even have it load with a copy right notice and disclaimer then have the javascript replace that with the content you want. If you had your own javascript functions to render the page then you don?t have to display any of the markup at all and it should be very difficult for people to copy.

151109[/snapback]

Actually, there is a Javascript that does just that. It scrambles the HTML code so that when someone clicks to view the source, it looks all messed up. It's pretty neat; there are workaround, but normal people cannot work around it to view the source. Search on Google if you wanna know what it is. I forgot its name.

I would suggest that people start designing in flash, it's really hard for people to steal a flash site and most people don't. It's not really worth the time or energy to do it. But anyway, it's flattering that people think your design is nice enough to steal. That plus the copy right info is meaningless. I mean did you really copyright your site cause if you did then you could sue, other companies do it all the time. Calvin Klien sued a site for just stealing their meta tags.
round

In my opinion that is really low. Its bad enough taking a layout or anything on the internet copyrighted or not unless you have promission to use it. Then she says it was copyright to her that is just not fair at all.

yea its very easy to steal them thats why you got to make it so they cannot save the page as thats what i have for my site the layout cannot be stolen unless you do nothing.First off you will never know if they did steal your layout or your work and second how would you find it.=Mechvegita=