xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
c3nar1us

Great One Microsoft Thanks A F***ing Lot

So Hotmail now has a new password system, When changing your password it gives you a rating, weak, medium, or STRONG. I made a 'strong' password from random letters, numbers and other characters such as #;[{*?$ and etc.I copied the password into the clipboard, I was going to save it into a txt file until I could remember it. But I was also browsing some other sites, So I thought OK I'll do it in a sec. And I accidentally copied something else, erasing the password from the clipboard, now thats probably my fault, But I just assumed I'd easily reset my password by answering my security question.So 30 minutes ago, I go to log into my account, I choose forgot password, enter in my usual email address. And expected to see an option to reset my password by answering my security question... NOPE. Because my password was strong, they wouldnt allow me to reset it by answering my security question. So I'm left with one option, Which is to choose to have instructions sent to my alternate email address on how to reset my password. However, I never entered an alternate email address because I was never asked. So now I'm permanently locked out of my account because of Hotmail's STUPID *bottom* PIECE OF *BLEEP* NEW SECURITY SYSTEM.Well Done Microsoft, Well done. And thanks for making sure I knew that having a strong password would disable the password reset by security question option. Thanks a lot Ive had that email address for THREE years

Oh, fair enough. Good luck if you bother to try and get back in. If you used a website to generate the password, try checking your history, otherwise you may be locked out forever!

hmmm funny out of curosity i went to the hotmail account that i don't use and was never prompt about that hmm wierd

I know Microsoft is attacked by hackers every day who try to exploit holes and security issues, but this is just sad. The average person doesn't need a crazy randomized password. And its not like there gonna get hacked either. But here is a simple tip for making a good password. Think of something you like. I like "women". Then you put numbers in between the letters like this:1w2o3m4e5n6This password would be pretty hard to crack and is easy for you to remember. So I really don't see the point with the new hotmail thing. Making a great password is simple. I guess they are really paranoid with security. (Don't bother trying, cuz that isn't my password :rolleyes: )

thanks now i know your password :rolleyes: lol actually im goign to me this to the ven since this is more complaning and less technology.

What more can you expect... general competance would be nice, but we should all know you aint getting that from Microsoft. Now it is my personal opinion (as i'm almost certain it is witht he majority of Xisto users) that the old system was perfectly fine, and definatley did not need 'improving'.

mabie you should try getting a clipboard history program. I have one built in to "A-Toolbar", I got it off download.com if you want to take a look. It has a whole bunch of other tools for web site owners too, give it a try. I feel sorry for you with the e-mail thing. That happened to me in a contest where I won $1.50 from the cap off of a root beer bottle. whatever. Try some hacking mabie, like write a script that will read your password off the hotmail database, and use the web pages as a refference. Good luck.

Hotmail Sucks Thats Whay I Switched Like Within A Week Of Me Having Hotmail I Even Tried Yahoo!, That Means It Really Sucks, You Should Try https://www.mail.com/int/ Its Free Or
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=
https://mail.google.com/mail/
Or Just Google "Free E-Mail Services" Thats WHat I Did And I Have The Bets E-Mail, I Have Like 2Giga-Bytes And Its Free....YAY ME!!!!!!

I wouldnt totally blame microsoft, yes they do have some bugs, but technically you are the one who lost the password, and also made it so you couldnt get it reset, not trying to be a pain in the a** but next time, make sure its something you can remember, not random &we#%42 like passwords.