xisto Community
MaryAnne Der Esel

Minesweeper Free and fun

It's one of those games that are on every computer. Has anyone ever taken a break from today's high-action, graphic-intense games to try their luck with minesweeper? It's really not hard; you just have to think for a minute. Oh, wait - maybe that's why so few people ever play it....:rolleyes: But seriously, though. Is there anyone here who enjoys it? Or even knows where it is on their computer?

Hehe... you have a point there. I used to play minesweeper when the teacher wasn't looking back in school, but that was admittedly because I didn't really have a choice. I did grow fond of it, though, and I still look at it as a vaguely interesting strategy game. You have to trust your luck on the fist few clicks, and you can really increase your chances of going on till the end if you co ordinate your eyes and your brains properly thereafter :rolleyes: (although I'm sure that holds for most games, lol).

Yeah, I have played Minesweeper and I am always trying to break my previous record. I used to play it a lot to get a break when I was doing papers back in school since it was one of the only games available on the school computers.

Yeah, I have played Minesweeper and I am always trying to break my previous record. I used to play it a lot to get a break when I was doing papers back in school since it was  one of the only games available on the school computers.

146375[/snapback]

Haha yeah, I remember minesweeper. It was my favorite part of Windows when I first got to use it. I would play it all the time. Then when I started learning about computers I thought I was pretty special because I changed the .ini file for minesweaper so all the records had my name and a time of 1 second. Good times...

I play minesweeper on my dad's PDA whenever I have to wait for someone or something or just to kill time. I've tried teaching it to my classmates and they just can't get it. I like playing fields with big sizes because it gives you a good feeling after you finish it but also leaves you frustrated when you click on a mine when you're about to finish. damn!!!

I play Minesweeper quite regularly and there is an online version with MSN Messenger. It is one of the very few games that does require a little bit of thought and logic, which most people seem to have lost. I also like playing on the larger fields as it is more difficult and requires more thought. Its a timeless classic that I hope that it will stay on Windows OSs for some time to come.

It is one of the very few games that does require a little bit of thought and logic, which most people seem to have lost.

146498[/snapback]

Agree with that. definantly.

I love Minesweeper! :-D I get addicted to it every time I start playing it again (must beat my time).

anyway, interesting note. if anyone knows... JK Rowling the author of the Harry Potter books is a Minesweeper addict too. she boasts about her best times on her website and says that its her substitute activity to smoking that she must do in writing breaks...

trivia for you

besides Rowling I really never hear anyone talk about minesweeper. i think the game is under appreciated :rolleyes:

I don't cos maybe im just too lame to think that fast & accurate.. my mom and grandma enjoy it tho ( rofl my grandma plays on my pc u dont see that very often :lol: ) Ne ways they finish the hardest on for like less than a min ...i can play it for 2 hours & still cant finish the frigin game ... games like WoW , Ko , NFSu2 , Civilization 3 CS etc etc etc with the 3d *BLEEP* and that stuff are way less complicated and easier for me..That's how we the teens of the computerised world think.. some of us don't think at all tho... :D:rolleyes:

Yes, I have been playing Minesweeper, it always sweeps my mind. This game doesn't depend on how expert one can be but rather it depends on luck. I've always tried to beat my previous record but its more or less the same. I have never won the game so far, and I don't blame myself for the failure. Its just a matter of luck. Though this game is simple but its quite interesting. I keep playing from time to time. If there is anyone who won the game, please raise your hands here, it involves much luck and patience. You have to play patiently till you can win, its this way. And right after you did that you may just be defeated once again... its one of the never-ending games...

You know what i never really got the point of this game it got really confusing for me so i just played the biggest map with the least mines and i win every time lol

well i always cheated on that game set the field at 1000x1000 and set the mines to 10 :):(:) , but i could never beat that game, no matter how many times i was doing good on that game i could never beat it :D:D:):) .but still addicting though.