xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OhMyBosh

New Sig.

Posted Image

Hey, I made a new signature. I thought the old one was kinda getting boring. This was made using a graphic I made earlier for my new site's layout. Then I tried added in a picture of AK 47. (Andrei Kirillenko) but it just didn't blend in properly. I made it in about 5 minutes. Now I haveta goto school comments please.

I'll reply once I make a newer/ better version of it.

Looks pretty good, but the red could be a little less "watered down" and the text needs lots of work. You can barely see it, and the color's kinda off...

Wow, that's like the first time (that I can remember) when I actually heard "constructive" critisism.

145890[/snapback]

Heh, I try not to sound like a *BLEEP* when giving advice. But I still have lots to learn myself, so don't take my advice blindly. ^-^

EDIT -- What? You can't say j-erk? That's bleeping bleep! :rolleyes:

Edited by Johnny (see edit history)

I was just wondering if you could explain on how to get such a distinctive background on your picture, I use photoshop and I am not that bad, but I cannot seem to get a background like that

i like hte background it looks cool. any idea where you can find some really good brushes? i have checked deviant art but there are lots of them im not sure which ones are actually good, cuz int he reviews they all say the're good but you never know. i have donwloaded some but they are not that nice.if you know any specific links to a pack, than plz post the link :rolleyes:

For that kind of effect you'd need to look for abstract brushes I think. Get brushsets that look like 3D renders or "light". Usually on Deviant Art I sort by popularity/downloads, so the most popular ones are up the front, which are usually pretty good.As Johnny said, the text isn't great.. it's not that readable - I'd suggest adding a glow or something if you don't want to change the text altogether. The background is alright, but by itself it's a bit boring. Firstly, the brushing is all white on red, and there's no render to divert attention. Try changing the colour slightly when you brush to give it a bit more depth, or add a nice render to it. :rolleyes:

The sig itself is simplistic, but nice. The text is the only problem I see. In addition to Cool Freaker's suggestion of an outer glow, I would add a white 'Satin'. Play around with the different contours and blending modes. I reccomend using 'Lighten' for the blending mode, and select one of the more squigglier[is that even a word?] contours.

i like hte background it looks cool. any idea where you can find some really good brushes? i have checked deviant art but there are lots of them im not sure which ones are actually good,  cuz int he reviews they all say the're good but you never know. i have donwloaded some but they are not that nice.if you know any specific links to a pack, than plz post the link :rolleyes:

146306[/snapback]

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ -- I just downloaded that yesterday, it's a huge pack with a ton of brushsets in it. Just about all you'll need, really. Some are useless, of course, but hey, it's worth it.

(Stay on topic though.)

For that kind of effect you'd need to look for abstract brushes I think. Get brushsets that look like 3D renders or "light". Usually on Deviant Art I sort by popularity/downloads, so the most popular ones are up the front, which are usually pretty good.

As Johnny said, the text isn't great.. it's not that readable - I'd suggest adding a glow or something if you don't want to change the text altogether. The background is alright, but by itself it's a bit boring. Firstly, the brushing is all white on red, and there's no render to divert attention. Try changing the colour slightly when you brush to give it a bit more depth, or add a nice render to it. :lol:

146388[/snapback]

Just to point something out, a render isn't always needed. I highly favor having them over not, but I'm seen some really awesome sigs without renders.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ -- I just

Just to point something out, a render isn't always needed. I highly favor having them over not, but I'm seen some really awesome sigs without renders.

146463[/snapback]

Yep, I find usually for sigs to be good without renders they need some superb brushing, which is easily distinguishable, ie the brushsets used are unique/pictures, or need very textured/varied brushing with several colours.

man im not getting that lol.. that is bigger than photoshop itself.(in mb) thak you though.. i found some at deviantart.

146469[/snapback]

Heh, it's cool. Just figured I might point it out in case. Deviantart is a very good source though. :rolleyes: