xisto Community
hars53

Google's Beta Services Recent Google Beta Services

Google has recently released a few beta services that I think are awesome. Here's info on these new services.

1. Google Print

Google has recently released a new service called "Google Print". It lets users search for books and read limited portions of them. If they like the books, they have the option to buy the book. Google makes no profit off of this except for advertising.

2. Google's personalized home pages

Google has released customizable, personalized home pages. If you have a Google Account, you may create one of these personalized home pages. You can get instant email inbox previews, read Google news or Slashdot news, get weather info with 3 day forecasts, get quotes from famous people, and get movie ratings and reviews right on your home page. And of course, you can perform searches with the Google search engine.

3. Search History

Alot of people are not aware of this, but if you get a Google Account, you can save your search history while you're logged in! This is convenient, because you don't have to type the same thing over and over again if you search for particular things frequently. It also has a color-coded calendar that shows how many searches you've done on each particular day.

4. Unlimited Email Space

Yeah, this has been around since April 1st, but alot of people thought it was an April Fool's day joke. I'm here to tell you that it's not. The maximum storage space of all Gmail accounts is increasing right now, as you read this thread! I've had Gmail since August of 2004, and I've only used 10 MB of my 2200+ MB though...

That's all of the recent features google has rolled out. If, in the future, Google creates new features that I think are cool, I'll mmake a new thread with all of the juicy details of their future services.

Opinions?

I love all of google's services.Just the search engine made me happy, than they came out with a whole mess of new free services that work perfectly and are a great benifit! I have to say I love having the gmail services! One of the best things to come around!

3. Search History

Alot of people are not aware of this, but if you get a Google Account, you can save your search history while you're logged in! This is convenient, because you don't have to type the same thing over and over again if you search for particular things frequently. It also has a color-coded calendar that shows how many searches you've done on each particular day.

A good way for Google to keep track of your surfing habits and serve up content appropriate to your search patterns.

This is one of the main reasons why I love google. They keep on offering new free services. Kind of off-topic but I think it deserves to be mentioned: There's another Google Beta, but it's really internet or computer related.

It's called Google Gulp, and it's an energy drink [though I don't know how they can have a 'Beta' for a drink...]. The only way to get a Google Gulp is to get a cap from a friend who has already drank a gulp. It comes in 4 flavors! :rolleyes: More information about it here: https://www.google.com/googlegulp/

Yeah google definitely is making its name known through numerous beta and full service ideas that are well written and complete. I know i have used every one of those services myself plus many of there others like google maps, desktopSearch, etc. Google is by far the best search engine for searching everything.

Yes Google is by far the leading search engine today but it goes even beyond that with the fans of google now contributing with mock sites or innovative ways of googling. Check out sum of these sites for more info on them there is a google oracle post aswell.
http://www.alltooflat.com/geeky/elgoog/
http://www.meetme.com/
http://www.mycgiserver.com/~Morat

Where can i get Google Gulp? is it really available here in the philippines?

146888[/snapback]

Lol no, google gulp was their April's fool day joke ... you should have known that by now :rolleyes:

Yeah, unfortunatelyt, Google Gulp was an April Fool's day joke. I still think it would have been awesome to pick one up, because it's Google. It seems like I get addicted to everything google brings out.I really want the Google lava lamp, or the handbags they have on sale at their google store.

these google services are fine, but these are jus icin on the cake, the real thing, still remains, is the search engine, altho i do think froogle and maps are the best two things google's ever come out with other than their legendary search engine, i am a big time google fan, life on the internet is just soooo not possible without google, but yes, their beta's are fun, but nothing eva... eva beats the search engine, remember, tats wat google is for!

Hehe, that's quite cool Florisjuh... But I think that there's a drink called Gulp ore something like that whom they added the "google" and said on the page that there's a drink of google

Yes I remember the google aprils fool trick this year and lst year...they wanted to send people up into space!!! They must actually spend quite a long time working out what to do, and designing the actual pages for the aprils fools joke, this years was good...

Lol no, google gulp was their April's fool day joke ... you should have known that by now :D

146901[/snapback]

sorry... i was late... :D

There are a lot more google things, I think they are all (or at least most of them) listed here, and of course the most cutting-edge google stuff is in the Google Labs.

I quite like the Google Code project, although I still think they definitely need to increse the number of searches you can do per day using the Google search API.

As for fun stuff, I really like the Google PigeonRank page: https://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

And for google-related links: Toogle image search, makes a google image search and turns the first returned image to (coloured) text.