xisto Community
wariorpk

New Hosting Package For Those of Us Who Need Space/Bandwidth

I had a new idea for a hosting package that could cost like 40-50 credits it would contail the following features:500mb space1 gp bandwidthThis is the best feature:the ability to provide hosting and you control how many subdomains, ftp accounts, how much space, bandwidth, ect.So what does everyone think?

Interesting Idea warriorpk but as stated in the Xisto FAQ the amount of bandwidth actually used by sites is minimal and more than sufficient. I would also suggest you trying this venture at the partner site Xisto since that is for the more "clued" up people needing hosting and control over it. One more thing to point out is that by giving you the abilty to host of the domain / sub-domain you are taking away valuable traffic and inevitably "posts/hosting credits" away from Xisto. Who provide a great service it seems already and which is keeping your hosted sites alive. Why try and take away when they have given so much for so little. :rolleyes:

No offense, but that's not a good idea. When you increase webspace, you have to increase bandwidth. Think about it, you need all that space for a reason. Whether it's to host files for your friends, or to store a forum, the amount of bandwidth you will use when you have that much space needs to increase. I mean, right now, I am using 2379.28 / 5120 MB (and I do not offer .mp3 files to download) of my available bandwidth. With your hosting package, my visitors would soon leave my site because they would not be able to view it.

Anyways, making a new package is hard work, which is why the admins decided to go with 2 rather than the 4 original hosting packages.

ohhh,that's must be an advanced idear but overdo to achieve that now.like Mod. snlildude87's saying that increacing space means to increace more bandwidth to meet large space demand.it is really hard to give next level to users for the moment.i think we [host] group should wait ...but not very long by the trend. :rolleyes:

I guess 150MB of webspace and 500MG bandwidth is enough. I don't want Xisto to be like any other free webhosting site who has offered so much webspace and bandwidth, only to fail after a month of existence because their system can't cope with so many problems. with 150MB and 500Mb of webspace and bandwidth respectably, Trap 17 can control the system errors and can fix it easier. If you want larget webspace and bandwidth, I sussgest looking for another free hosting forum. just my two cents. :rolleyes:

If you want larget webspace and bandwidth, I sussgest looking for another free hosting forum. just my two cents. :rolleyes:

145446[/snapback]

Wrong. If you want more space and bandwidth, go to Xisto - Web Hosting. They have a large array of hosting packages for everyone. When I get a job, I'll switch to Xisto - Web Hosting right away.

I dont really mind about the space and bandwidth cause Xisto allows you to request for more... Having it for 40-50 credits for we already hosted ppl are not worth it, but for new members, its definitely worth it... So if this idea work out, them I supposed if they could gives us a cheaper for all hosted member.