xisto Community
Tseng

Rpg Maker 3d The new make is unveiled

Sorry to dissapoint you, but it appears that this will only be coming out on PS2. Which sucks, really, since the PS2 is quickly becoming outdated, and we haven't had anything decent yet on the PC (RPG Maker 95 & 2000 was too limited, RPG Maker 2003's Battle System sucks something nasty, and I STILL can't understand RPG Maker XP's Scripting System!)

RPG Maker has never bem perfect, there is always something annoying that makes the games you created horrible. For some reason i didn't really like RPG Maker 3D =/...

PS: Its made by agetec or Enterbrain O.o...

Notice from electriic_ink:
Added quote tags :lol:

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

yipster

Rpg Maker 3d

Think what you want, I've seen many games made with engines such as rpg maker that have a fan base of people who are addicted to their games, just go to a website called byond and look at the People Playing Final Fantasy Online.

-reply by Peanut

where can i find a rpg maker that looks like the game endless onlineRpg Maker 3dI'm looking for somthing thats esay to use and thats about on the same level as the game endless online iv always wanted to make a game. Soon I will be going to school to learn how but I though I might wana start getting some exp. Under my belt. So I would be greatful if some one could reccomend a rgp maker. Also me and my friend have been looking into making a mmorpg and putting it online for people to play but we are not sure where to start we even thought of a private server (ha ha wheres the fun in that though?) one more thing if we were to charge for members servers (ptp), or could we even do that ? we are not sure of the legal terms of this so please fill me in. =)-reply by slug

Sadly I was a little over ambitious, asat the time we had just gotten RMXP and I actually had a japanese-only testing version fo the old prototype Rpg Maker 3D but I have since lost the files.Enterbrain however, scrapped the maker in favor of making an updated 2D rpg maker program, Rpg Maker VX (Vista), which is usable on both Vista and XP. They added RGSS2 and changed some features, mostly for the worst, such as reducing map layers to 2, making a clunky RM2000 style battle system, and downsizing the character sets to make them look more chibi.

Recently, Enterbrain has released a new maker capable of making Action-RPG(Zelda style), Platformer(Jump Action [Mario style]), and Side-scrolling Shooter (Schmups[Defender style]). They named the maker AGM, or Action Game Maker. It is not a replacement for the Rpg Maker PC series, just a spin off. And also I have recently come across an email to a forum member as response to a letter. Basically the forum member asked if they are coming out with a new maker after AGM and RMVX, and they sated that they were and that the details were remaining closed to public until they are further in development. I appreciate the thought of a Rpg Maker 3D, but seeing as Enterbrain is only on its 5 installment of the program I'm not sure they are ready, I'll be sticking to RMXP and RGSS 1.0, speaking of which I have a new game coming out over the next year and I am still in development, please visit our forums and discuss or join development for::Genesis Wave: Legend of the Lunar Cross

GENESIS-WAVE.Tk

-reply by Tseng