xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Deployment Problem: Disappearing Files?

Hi, I am attempting to deploy a web app. I compile it and make it a war. I restart tomcat and the war is distributed. I then go onto the internet and type in: LOCALHOST:8080/manager/deploy?path=/myapp
a few different things have happened when I have typed in the same thing.

The most prevelant error is: FAIL - Failed to deploy application at context path /myapp...is this error because of my build file or because of my web.xml file?? or neither?

One time the stupid thing actually deployed. I went back and checked my directory and all my files were gone! The folders were still there but the files were not there, so then I had a web app with no content...does anyone know how the files were missing like that. All these other tries the whole app dissaears each time I deploy any suggestions??

Thanks!!

Hi kvarnerexpress,can you elaborate further as to what steps are you following.are you placing the war file in the webapp folder.is the war folder properly structured. are there any error messages showing on the console when you start tomcat?if possible quote the part of the log where the exception is occuring..Cheers.