xisto Community
HmmZ

Static Elements In Pages how to achieve this?

I've had several discouraging replys in my website post about the use of <iframe> and frames in general. So far to me it's the only option of having static elements in my pages (meaning as in having a navigation and header and so it doesnt have to refresh every pagelink you visit)Now because of those discouraging notes, i am wondering if theres another way of achieving this? (and for the record, i couldnt think of a good searchterm for google...most came out on the non-frame section of a frameset..)Hopefully thanks in advance

umm,i think it is not a specifed problem.maybe it is right way when you did it.just be careful at saving.you must be sure that several frame to be saved as different pate to make up the main page,if lose one.when you refresh ,it does not work as before.

well i stuck up with frames most of times .so never used them also.you see even if ther is need of pictures showing in frame.i show it the flash gallery way.anyway you an try to find solutions on w3schools.

You can make all your pages php and use the include function.

[html code here]<?php include("nav.php"); ?>[more html code]
In the nav.php file, put the HTML code for your navigation bar. That way, when you want to edit something in the navigation, you can just edit nav.php, upload it, and the entire site will change with it.

Good luck!

Snil..will that make the nav.html static tho? i mean..the thing im trying to chieve is making sure it doesnt have to reload for example the navigation every page you browse through in the website..never payed attention on the included pages tho...:rolleyes:But that site is as good as done i guess..im working on my first BIG project now...a game :s *wish me luck*