xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sprnknwn

Mmorpgs. My Choice Is Planeshift

You have been chatting here about Anarchy and Guild Wars. Well, I didn´t know them (I´ll check them) but here is the one I like; Planeshift. Anyone knows it?

Planeshift is an RPG 3D online game. I think it´s similar to Everquest and that kind of games (which are usually paying). But PS is free and it is created by users (if you know to make polygons, textures, maps and things like that you can help to develope it. If you don´t, just play and tell what would you change to make it better). It´s available at least in Windows and Linux and I´m amazed of the minimal resources that it spends. I play it with Azureus on and the speed goes well.

The fact is that the game is still far from being completed. I don´t even know when a game of this kind is supposed to be completely finished. Now there´s a large city, a temple, an arena, a death realm, sewers, a little forest... and the roleplaying is supposed to be increased with time. You can train all your abilities and earn money not only killing enemies and doing quests, but also mining (which is a very original concept in an rpg). So the posibilities are wide open. It´s like beta testing but it´s enjoying and I´m addicted to it.

By the way if you try it, my name there is Gonaruj Kereth. Greet me if you find me :rolleyes:

Do you know of other rpg games online which are free? Apart from the two mentioned, sure. I would like to know more.

Some links:
Official Site http://www.planeshift.it/
Official Forums http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Is Planeshift free? I've seen it before.. Guild Wars isn't free by the way...Anarchy has a very slow connection to the servers...So it's all quite disappointing...How the objective like in Planeshift?I've been trying to look for games that offers strategy and requires high level of thinking objectives.. just like Command & Conquer series...

Planeshift looks good but... Once you are hooked to an MMORPG you kinda think all games suck compared to it... I admit it looks goos i will give it a try. But i would like a little for feedback before downloading/buying. The graphics look like realtime strategy graphics from Stronge hold 2 kinda... is this true??

If i may quote....

Anarchy has a very slow connection to the servers...

Sorry not really Anarchy has awsome loading server's/Group selecting plans... I dont know when you played but please elaberate on how you think its laggy or slow.
Idea... Mabye you played a while back? Because before anarchy released free account they upgraded server programs.

Planeshift has some very nice graphics, but the newest release doesnt work on my pc. So, my personal taste goes to R.O.S.E. online, it's very fun cutting into all the monsters, buying new clothes and upgrades, doing quests etc. I hope it will be free forever, but I think it might go commercial soon. (Unsure though)http://www.roseon.com/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

Yes, Planeshift is free. A subtitle says "Planeshift is and always will be free" and well... I hope so :rolleyes: But if you?re looking something like Comand and Conquer I don?t think this is your game. It?s a fantasy RPG you know with humans, elves, dwarves and some other weird races. I don?t know Strong Hold 2, sorry. But, PS is more roleplaying oriented than strategic.

i like guild warsits very coolI just recently bought Guild Wars and have 3 charactersthere are 6 classes: warrior, ranger, necromancer, elementalist, monk, and mesmeryou choose one job and then later you get to get a 2nd jobi believe there is a total of 42 classes including someone without a 2nd classright now im a elementalist/mesmerranger/necromancerand elementalist/rangerits really cool as when you join a guild, you can get a cape!with your own logo on it i thinki havnt pvp anyone yet cuz im still in the noobie area but i heard its coolits free to play online (boo WoW) and its pretty cool

Ill check that out aint heard of it before but i like mmorpgs.

Googled it looks good by looking at the screen shots gunna download and try hope its fun :rolleyes:

but also mining (which is a very original concept in an rpg)

also Mining aint that origonal dude for example Ultima Online and various other mmorpgs

oooh, the game still is in progress of the making? I remember installing it on my P4 1.7GHz machine with a S3 videocard and being unable to play because my videocard didn't support openGL.....and I downloaded the game with a modem, such a dissapointment :P. Oh well, got a new PC a few weeks later and began playing it and was totally addicted to the game. I even contributed once or twice to the project but my entries got denied :/. Gotta love opensource mmorpg's. Game is based on the crystalspace engine btw, which is opensource too ( http://sourceforge.net/ )

This is awesome. I have found some new free games to test out! Yay!!! Im sorry I cannot add my input on many games here. I have also been searching for something decent and free. I mean, im 16 with a very low budget so ya. Yay for free MMORPGs!

world of warcraft is the best MMORPG out there. there isnt any competitoin. your able to have jobs and businesses(i had a wan making one) and earn mounts and the graphics are clear and non darkshaded. they did an excellent job.

world of warcraft is the best MMORPG out there. there isnt any competitoin. your able to have jobs and businesses(i had a wan making one) and earn mounts and the graphics are clear and non darkshaded. they did an excellent job.

155779[/snapback]

But WOW issn't free you know...

Got to pay a hell lot of money to play.. and you got to keep playing or else it feels wasted to pay for the game...

i think the best one is everquest, it was one of the first and then you can look at everquest 2 and see how far its come.. it looks so sweet and they even expanded onto the ps2 with everquest online adventures and frontiers... i play them every chance i get and i love it... if you can afford the 10$ a month this is a game you want to get it is so sweet i would do anything to have my internet modem for ps2 back, becuase if i did i wouldnt be typing right now i would be playing =D

ok i love WoW my fav mmo :D cant play right now since i dont have time, but as soon as i get a chance to pay and play i will :D anyways i have some free games you guys might want to try they are all cool but i dont play them any more.

ok one is kalonline.com its a great game. the whole game is based on chineis myth. there are 3 character selections 1.warrior 2.wizard, 3.archer.great game alot of people it was fun.

second is gate to heaven ( http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) this is a download page, it is like a fantasy rpg, you have diff class called hermits and there is a soul hermit (warrior) earth hermit ( druid type of guy) water hermit ( a wizard type) and some other hermit which is an archer great rpg, lots of fun, lots of people. the worlds are kind of boxed in but it is very fun, if you have ever played .HACK on ps2 you should know wat im talking about.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ this is a game kind of like kalonline but a little bet worse but it was fun too.

and Dragonraja.com.my i think that is the website, umm its 2d not to fun :D but its free to play so i dont think people will care, its mostly to the players liking and i didnt like it.

all of the game i posted are 3d eccept for dragonraja and they are all free. so try them out if you want :unsure:

all mmorpgs you can fined out at mmorpg.com great place to fined free and pay games. and beta revies on games too :D

Replying to Sprnknwnhey there. This forum thread is funny, they are talking about MMOs in 2005, and most of the titles are still going strong 3 years later. Planeshift is still in heavy development, and Anarchy online is still insanely popular.My comments on some games are perhaps Tantra: Global and 4Story. Oh and now Guild Wars two is coming out soon but Guild Wars isn't free.Sincrely,TedM-reply by TedM