xisto Community

There's a few problems as I see it:1. Your header is way too big. Viewing at 1024 x 780, I see nearly no content on the screen before I have to scroll. The graphic also doesn't extend to the right edge of the page (it only goes as far as the 'Reviews' button) and the cut-out of the anime boy is fairly low resolution compared with the rest of it.2. At 1024 x 780, I get a horizontal scrollbar which means that for people on 800 x 600, your site's gonna be a real pain to use with all that scrolling back & forth. Horizontal scrollbars in general are something else designers try to avoid at all costs.3. You've got a couple of <br> tags which are preventing your page from validating at the moment.

Well. Here are my list of pros and cons. Cons first...

1. Width

Your page is way to wide. I'm viewing this on a 1024x768 and I can still see the left to right scrollbars. Think how this would be for someone on an 800x600. This will put viewers off your site. Nothing annoys them more when they can't see across the page.

2. Coding

Scrolling through your code I can see a tonne of internal css. This uses up a lot of bandwidth. Try seeking and alternative:

a) Copy all css in the header tag without the <style></style> tags.

:lol: Remove the <style></style> tags.

c) Paste it into notepad and save it as document.css. Upload to root directory.

d) Place this code in the header tag of the page:

<link href="/document.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

How does this save you bandwidth? As on the page the browser keeps accessing one css document, it saves it in your tempory internet files.

3. Header

I think you should decrease your header size at the top. This could be step 1 in decreasing your page width :rolleyes:

-----------------------------

And the pros...

-----------------------------

1. Graphics

I can see you spent a lot of time making them. Well done.

2. Navigation

Your navigation is clear and easy to use.

well, one thing i dnt like about your board is the large image (page banner) in the homepage. tryto reduce the size of that image and also work on improving thr quality of the graphics in your website too.And again, do something about the large image you placedin the middle of your homepage. i dont see anysense in placing such a large image in there. it wont do your bandwidth any good at all.either you optimize it or you reduce the image size. it took quite some time to load on my comp.

agree.. the site layout design (as far as sizei s concerned) is very bad... as in.. with what intention did you create a site that huge??? i run on 1280x1024 res... for me .. its fine... but for other normal visitors (800x600... 1024.768)... it must be a night mare.. and yes.. optimize and make that banner small, who would have such a big title bar?????anyway.. like the colors, but not the title image.. try to fix that up.. cheersT

Not bad so far.Keep working at it.I'm sure it will be interesting when u get content sorted.The header graphics arnt bad at all, but the layout is boring and un-imaginative :rolleyes:I'm Certainly looking forward to "Tje Generation of gaming" . . . . a little hint there that u spelt THE wrong . . .

It looks pretty good. Its a pretty simple design..The only problem is the color for me. I don't like the light and dark blue colors that much .Everything else seems to be fine to me.