xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ejohn

Gmail On Wap acces gmail via mobile

That's not by google itself..That's another foreign provider...So it gets our information...Our IDs and passwords are need to pass through them to get to google..I don't feel sercure have a middle person like this...Not for me unless it's provided by Googles itself..

yep you are right ... that service is given from a 3rd company ... is not given by google ... you have to send you account name and your pass so that they can log and send your emails to your mobile phone ...also i dont feel secure with that stuffs ... i prefer keep checking my gmail account in my pc :(:lol:

You are right guys, i wouldn't feel secured using that kind of third party service. Unless Goolge or Gmail recommends us to use the service for wap to check our email. and it is better to check Gmails using internet at your personal computers.

Good thing you guys noticed it...otherwise a lot of people would probably be pissed off right now. Though I don't have a wireless phone of my own so it doesn't matter to me anyways. =X

Now thats a really gr8 achievement ffrom Gmail. At least. now, I can check my mail without having to go to a cybercafe.Right 4rm my phone.

i wouldn't even dare checking gmail via wap... mostly because of prohibitive costs in wap usage. there was a time when our provider gave unlimited free usage for wap/gprs, but that was a thing of the past. they probably figured they could cash in more if they have it as a paid service (but i doubt they turned a neat profit on this since they simply underestimated the major downtrend bordering to nil in wap usage after they turned wap into a cash-cow for them). and yeah, secondly, the security-issue since this service comes from a third-party, and not from google itself. but still a good update on google topics, ejohn. :lol:

Its not really safe, and wap charge are expensive so wouldnt be good to check mail like this, and you also couldnt do much with wap, you could easily communicate with your friends via sms...

hey guys i just got the idea from a friend of mine yesterday and being a gmail user myself thought it would be awesome if we could check mail from the mobile. in all the excitement i forgot to check the security issues. i guess you guys are right, the login information is free for the gmailwireless.com guys to see and that poses a serious problem. being a new user i was enthusiastic abt the whole Xisto thingy so i just didnt give it a second thought. i was just trying to blend in ;-( ) but if you guys are really concerned abt gmail's privacy check out http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com/. i know this is website is probably created by some grumpy yahoo techie but it sure does make an intresting read.