xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puppeter

...the Funniest Thing That Happened To You funny things

I was teaching a very basic class in BASIC programming to a group of adults. Adults who have never been around computers before are very nervous and much harder to teach than children, however I am a patient person so I enjoy their successes. However, I must share the following: After putting a short program on the board, I told the students to type "R," "U," "N" and press return to see the program execute. A hand went up in the back of the room, waving to get my attention, and the person attached to the hand said, "I did what you said and it didn't work." Knowing full-well that all of us make mistakes when typing at the computer, I suggested she retype "R," "U," "N" and press return. A few seconds later, the lady's hand goes up again. "It still doesn't work," she said. So.. I went back to see what the problem was ... only to find that instead of typing RUN, she had typed in the following: ARE YOU IN

LOL! Man sometimes people make the simplest thing the hardest thing ever. The funniest thing ever that happen to me (that my friends would remember for the rest of their life) was when I "hit" a park car. I was running cross country and this one guy in a lexus didn't see 6 guys running in front of his car (he was about to leave the parking lot) and he hit all 6 of us (i got the worst damage) but afterwards my friends would joke, "Man I still can't believe you hit a park car". The reason they said that was that the other 5 guys stopped when they see the car moved but apparently I didn't see and ran smack into the lexus :lol:. Good thing the damage wasn't that bad.

Hmm, I don't know. Although something funny that happened today would have to be when.... (obviously fake names)Weeman = A fatt kid who eats people's lunches. Thinks that girls like him but they find him annoying. A cocky stuck up dude who constantly gets made fun of behind his back. Shoeby = A japanese boy. Often very shy. ** both are guitarists and hate each, they fight alot. Anyways, I got to school and was talking with Shoeby in the cafeteria and Weeman arrived and broke a chair which made a loud thump. Shoeby immediately yelled "Godzilla" while everyone was watching in and ran like a maniac. It was funny, because in drama the day before we saw parts of a classic Godzilla.

I was taking the bus back home, the bus was cramped, and when I got out of the bus the door caught like half of my backpack. All the people where staring at my worried face instead of telling the busdriver something (people in mexico are like that, well not all but most) so I started yelling as he was starting to move, fortunately he noticed me before he started moving too much. I felt sort of mad and ambarrased at the same time but in the end I keep on remembering it and laugh about it. Atleast it isnt as bad as when my friend got his head trapped in the doors :lol:

I told the students to type "R," "U," "N" and press return to see the program execute. A hand went up in the back of the room, waving to get my attention, and the person attached to the hand said, "I did what you said and it didn't work." Knowing full-well that all of us make mistakes when typing at the computer, I suggested she retype "R," "U," "N" and press return.
A few seconds later, the lady's hand goes up again. "It still doesn't work," she said.

So.. I went back to see what the problem was ... only to find that instead of typing RUN, she had typed in the following: ARE YOU IN

she is clever but you r fool :lol:

i just interested where country r u in?...

if they just don't know the basic knowledge why they should be taught basic programme?

basic programme is just the languge of 10 year before..none will use it.

why youi teach them it?

she is clever but you r fool :(

I appreciate that English isn't your first language, but it's considered impolite to go around calling other people 'fool' unless you know them and they know you're joking.
As for funny: I fell into some quicksand in a Malaysian jungle once. I didn't think it was that funny, but my wife did. She's standing there laughing her head off while I was worried about disappearing, never to be seen again. :lol:

LOL! How sad Tyssen. So how'd you get out of the quicksand anyways? I'm sure your wife was laughing too hard to throw you a branch :lol:

lol at all your stories, mine comes close to C"C's:One day, I've been strolling around in the woods with Birthe, a very good friend of mine. Somehow we got a debate on police brutality and whom of us experienced the worst things out on the streets [after all, that's a tie without any cops involved - I've seen a friend of mine being hit by a stone; she actually had stone-to-back_of_head.contact with the very same stone] and in the aftermath of this we were talking about some other stuff connected to this. A couple of steps later, I stopped talking mid-sentence 'cause my head hit a low branch while my feet tried to walk on. well, other people smash their whole body into trees...

LOL!  How sad Tyssen.  So how'd you get out of the quicksand anyways?  I'm sure your wife was laughing too hard to throw you a branch  :lol:

She composed herself enough eventually to give me a hand.