xisto Community
CaL-E

Good Computer?

In general, Dell, Apple, computers are best for the average consumer.Big vendors are best because you know you have a reliable system. You know they have had experience in their field, as well as research, and etc.However, if you are on a budget, consider the following:1) If you are buying Dell, HP, Gateway computers, you are partly buying their brand-name. 2) With smaller computer firms, you can get twice as fast, at a fraction of the price.So in conclusion if you are willing to sacrifice the "superb" customer service.. (that Dell doesn't have)... but settle at a "superb" price... then I would definitely recommend Cyberpower, Ibuypower.. These are PCGamer Magazine acclaimed vendors. They can also be spotted at C|Net Reviews.

Dell is a really good brand. Thats the next type of computer that I am going to get and for a $299 deal thats pretty good but the I will have to upgrade it...

158350[/snapback]

in my experience, computers that cost less than Ł600 ($1,045) are slow. but then im in england and our shops have been known to do crap deals.

Dell is a cheap and affordable solution that may or may not be a good thing.Dell offers an excellent array of computers ranging from desktops to notebooks, that run superior grade- stability.If you are not a computer techie, you might want to shield from dell.Dell customer support is based in India, hence their heavy accent can get to the best of us. Others just find it plain annoying.They will put on a big fight over debating the functionality of a broken equipment, even if they have not seen it. They are known to digg their ego into something that they think to be the best equipment ever.If you say it is broken, they refuse to accept that notion.However, Dell is an awesome way to go. However, if you expect to use the computer for more than say, five years, then I would reconsider.Dell has an integrated Bios that limits the parts you may use use when upgrading.That is where the "Build it yourself" services come in.Although many are daunted by the sight of even seeing the live snaking wires of a computer, you can always have a customised computer by the following ways:1) Hire a techie to assemble your computer2) Go to Cyberpower.com or Ibuypower.com, and have them built it for you.Cyberpower and IBuypower will let you choose EVERY SINGLE part of your computer, down to the motherboard, to the bare-heart type of CPU.If you are lazy, and not willing to research "Asus P$%^&* PRO DELUXE SLI VERSION OF THE PCI HOLE" then Dell is for you.However, since when you are buying a branded name computer, such as Dell, you are also buying its label, believe it or not.A computer from Dell that costs 1000 U$D could only cost 500 U$D at cyberpower.Cyberpower has gotten great reviews. Personally, I have ordered from them, and even though their tech support can be lousy, your problem will always be resolved. Look at it this way: If you ask them politely, they will give you their Cell Phone Numbers!!!Otherwise, you can call the toll-free 877 number or 800 number.

I have a Dell Windows XP laptop, and a MacBook. The Dell is terrible. It gets viruses all the time and I have to take it in to get it completely restored. I have McAfee Antivirus on it, and it still completely dies after about a year. I don't use it much anymore. My Mac is fantastic. I highly recommend Apple products. It has great built in virus protection, and amazing programs as well as high performance speed. DO NOT GET A DELL. Bad idea.