xisto Community
Inspiron

Invision Forums Member Number How to reset the member number ?

Hi,I've just created a new forum..I've also create many test accounts to make sure my groups are working with its permissions.Now these test accounts takes up "member number".When I remove these test account, the "member number" don't seem to reset, instead it keeps raising..So in the end, there's a huge gap in member number before the next real member.I'm wondering anyone knows how to reset this member number thing so the gaps are removed.Board is Invision version 1.3

Well, the member number, I believe, is an auto increment number in the MySQL database. So, you would have to run this query:

ALTER TABLE table_name AUTO_INFREMENT=#
Set table_name to the name of the table with the member data in it. And set # to the number that you need to reset it to.

Go to AdminCP => SQL Management => SQL ToolboxScroll down to the very end and there's a text area input there.Copy the code posted by Hamtaro and paste it into the box, then run the query by click the submit or whatever it is( I forgotten the name of it.)

I couldn't find the option "SQL Management => SQL Toolbox"I'm using the free remote forum provided and hosted by Invision itself..Is there another way of doing it ?

Yeah, I don't think you can change the number then. You could always just register for another account. Its one of those free ones right?And yes, it does suck that IPB asked Fantastico to removed 1.3 from it and changed it to 1.2 . ^_^

If you are using one of the freely hosted forums, they might not provide you with the SQL Toolbox (which I must say s pretty neat). Generally they won't give several other advanced features either.