xisto Community
C2C

Why Not Have A Pet Section? Im sure there are plenty of animal lovers in Trap17

Well why CAN'T we have a pet section such as for fish, birds, dogs, cats, etc? I mean I'm sure there are many pet lovers out there (me being one) who would want a section like this. Some of you might know this site: fishforums.net. It's a very active and popular fish/aquatics site for info and many things. Why can't we have it here? In this fish section could also be an aquatic plant section too. One of the popular aquarium plant website is aquaticplantcentral.com. This too is a very active site for plant and fish lovers but mainly focused on plants. This is just my opinion so don't be mad. We could attract more variety of people to Xisto that way including pet and plant lovers. Thank you for your time.

We could attract more variety of people to Xisto that way including pet and plant lovers.

Really, the only people who are gonna be attracted to Xisto are those looking to get hosted which means they have in mind to build a website which means they're gonna need some coding skills and probably work with a computer. So I doubt that appealing to animal lovers is really going to attract that many more visitors. Sure, you might get an animal lover who comes here if there is a pets forum instead of going somewhere else where there isn't, but I reckon the number would be very small.

To respond to your opinion, I believe that if a "pet section" was opened up in the forums then many other people would request other topics to be placed in the forum. I think there should be a limit to the discussions, and the stuff that you do love, whether it be pets or sports, should be limited to general talk in a particular post. I like the Xisto forums because of its broad discussions on website constuction and help. I am either able to find an answer on a topic already discussed, or start a new one and receive feedback in a matter of minutes. That is what I think this forum is all about. Sure, we have The Real World section for stuff not related to websites or computers, but that's not the purpose of the forum in my mind. For a topic as specific as yours, many others would come out with their own ideas and expect theirs to be put up as well. We want the forum to be a community where help is always there when you need it. We want the new members who join Xisto to not only be active in the forums, but be active in helping others, writing tutorials, etc., and making quality posts at the same time. There should be a limitation to the amount of glitter talk the forum has. I feel if everyone got their own interests as a forum subject, it would open a door that showed a room the founders of Xisto didn't envision.* The views expressed are of my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Xisto, its administrators, moderators, or members.

Ah, I see your point elevenmil. I guess I sorta rushed into this thing too quickly and I do agree with you about how other people would want sports etc section too. Thanks for solving this thing for me and I appreciate it. Thanks.

I feel if everyone got their own interests as a forum subject, it would open a door that showed a room the founders of Xisto didn't envision.

142492[/snapback]

This line made me laugh copiously. It feels like something John Goodman's character from the Big Lebowski would say.

On topic, I agree with the others that a pet subforum is just too specific for this group of people. Then again, I would think that a Halo subforum would also be too specific, so what do I know?

My posts mentions nothing in relation to Vietnam, so I think his character - Walter - may not fit such a statement. It's a well constructed sentence I might add."You see what happens Larry!!!"

its exually really simple,if you got a pet part, people only gonna post 1 a 2 post in there,because they tell something that they have a petand maybe 1 story... and that it,so its not relevant to do that...you could make a pet topic?

Wassie You craZZy dog <not literalyWhy not make a pet forum Like one for computers.Ask an Admin or google for a Mod, And install it in your Forum.

:lol:

Wassie You craZZy dog <not literalyWhy not make a pet forum Like one for computers.
Ask an Admin or google for a Mod, And install it in your Forum.

i just don't know whether there is a plugin or hacks for the IPB..haha.if there is then we can feed up our pets..but who wannne be pets.. just to be...

Go to a place called dscripting and ask them to make a mod for you, There have been loads of ideas and mot of them have been made.
Post there and see if an admin wants to take on the challenge and make it.
The site is;
http://www.seretic.com/

:lol:

i just don't know whether there is a plugin or hacks for the IPB..haha.if there is then we can feed up our pets..but who wannne be pets.. just to be...

142829[/snapback]

there is popular a Munjpet for ipb as famous as army system.

for the topic, i've seen such a pet forum which is one of my friend activitly involving everyday. if it happen to have a pet forum here in Xisto, of course we can have other category to talk about as well as chances of gain some posting credits. but most of the pet forums i've seen till now is a bit messy than other purpose forum.. :rolleyes: no objection, just my opion..

you could make a pet topic?

142530[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what I thought too when I read this topic. Just make a thread about pets on the General forum. :)

Really, the only people who are gonna be attracted to Xisto are those looking to get hosted

What's that supposed to mean? I wasn't looking to get hosted and I got attracted to Xisto. Same for a lot of others here.

So I doubt that appealing to animal lovers is really going to attract that many more visitors.

You don't know that for sure. This forum is for all topics. And there are a lot of animal lovers out there who want a forum about it... if there's one here, all animal lovers looking to join an animal forum will flock here. And the animal lovers we have now will be thrilled that an animal forum now exists here at Xisto.