xisto Community
DjLuki

Swish 2 ?

is swish 2 the best software to make flash websites? that is the only one i ever used but only used ti for a month and it's the only i know of. is there any other type of software better than swish to make flash websites? if so please leave the link wher ei can find the,.Thanks

In my opinion, the best thing to make Flash websites is Flash itself. Swish does somethings very well (like taking the tediousness out of animating text), but it doesn't have the same full-featured, robust authoring tools that Flash has.But then it depends just what sort of Flash site you're thinking of. I personally don't like Flash sites unless they're done very well and unfortunately, about 80% of the ones I see aren't. You may think you're impressing people with your skills, but a lot of Flash sites get navigation & accessibility issues really wrong which turns users away.Also, Flash content doesn't get indexed by search engines unless you import it into your movies as HTML. Even if you build the best-looking Flash site in the world, there's no point to it if people can't find it with a search engine.

Swish is gud because of its easy use
Macromedia flash is too gud because of its flexibility and power.

You can even go for programs like Trendy Flash. It helps in creating full fledged Flash sites.

Then amara software Link has a series of flash creation programs

Then DreamingsoftLink also have some softwares to create flash contents

or you can follow the Link and choose among any of these big collection of software, all regarding flash. They also have wonder full review on all the softwares

Hope that helps you in choosing a right software

I have SwishMax on my PC and although it can't do everything that Flash, I like it because it is easy to use.

Be careful if you plan to use Flash for your site. Although it'll look stunning, the download time could be a drag for users who still have a dial-up connection. A way getting around this is to make an HTML version of the page and provide a choice of either HTML (for low-speed connections) or Flash (for high-speed connections, like broadband).

Another alternative is to check out the AnfyFlash website. They've got some Flash and Javascript contents that you can download for free.

ok thank you for the all those sites..also when i asked if there are ther good programs to makte sites.. i wasn't just talking about flash.. i was talking for all like html, php, and all that.

ok thank you for the all those sites..also when i asked if there are ther good programs to makte sites.. i wasn't just talking about flash.. i was talking for all like html, php, and all that.

You didn't say that to start with. You were asking about making Flash websites.

For making HTML, ASP, PHP websites all you need is a text editor. You can do it in Notepad or Wordpad really. I like to use more powerful, web-dedicated text editors with added features like code colour highlighted and extended search & replace. I use AceHTML 5 freeware but there are others like Notepad++ too.

Don't use Frontpage - it produces ugly, Microsoft-proprietry, overbloated code. WSYIWYG editors, in general, aren't really a good idea because you don't learn that quickly about the code that you're actually creating.