xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

Eminem - Mockingbird

I just saw the Music Video of "mockingbird" yesterday. In fact, it wsa the first time i heard the song too. (I know Encore was relesed ages ago , but i haven't really followed eminem since i finished high school) Anyway, the song was so great, so emotional. It really came out of his life, his heart and soul. And the music video that he made from collection of home videos is just the best video i can ever imagine. i'll pick and quote my favourtie line here.."I remember back one year when daddy had no money Mommy wrapped the Christmas presents up And stuck 'em under the tree and said some of 'em were from me Cuz daddy couldn't buy 'em I'll never forget that Christmas I sat up the whole night crying Cuz daddy felt like a bum, see daddy had a job But his job was to keep the food on the table for you and mom "hate to admit that i ended up with a bit of tear in my eye. And i couldn't believe it come as a result of a RAP song!?!Wonderful song... just like Eminem we used to be crazy about in highschool.

Well, I haven't seen the video, but I know the song well.. It is a very good song, and deep with emotion.. But that is how alot of Rap is (maybe not all), but when one actually listens to what they say you will notice alot of sincerity in alot of Rap music. Most of the time they talk about real life troubles, and when they combine that with their feelings on their situations it reflects a very emotional picture.I think I first really noticed it when Tupac released his "Dear Momma" song -- also a very good song!I personally can't stand absent-minded rap with meaningless talk about drugs/killing/pimping/etc.., but when the song has a deeper message which one can relate too, it doesn't get any better! :lol:Just me 2.5 cents!

That is the best rap song ever released so full of emotion. The only time I've seen the video was while flicking through the channels and heard the beginning of it and it may me stop and listen and go into deep thought and sorrow for that family. :(Great song :lol:

Yeah, I used to hate, and i mean hate rap. But Eminem, specifically When Im Gone, turned that around. I still only like a little bit of rap and all of it Eminem's. I really like the emotion he puts into his music. It almost as if it comes straight from his heart and soul. You feel as if you know him. You feel like he took his troubles and his worries, and all of his problems and poured them into his songs. Some of is rap is not at all materialistic and is very deep. Eminem, I bow down to you...

Yes the song is good but... you must be kiding. It doesn?t seem like Eminem is the most spiritual person in the world (not even in the music industry and not even in rap). I hate how popular Eminem got just making simple rhymes, easy humor, four letter words and most important... being white... Yeah, I guess we wouldn?t be talking about him if he were black. And it?s ridiculous to talk about him like the best rap artist or whatever. The best blonde rap artist, maybe :) It?s just a child that have grown old and is still obsessed with the same teenager ideas. By the way, I?m not black, not even american, but I think there?s much more in hip-hop than figures like Eminem. I don?t dislike his music, but just for fun.