xisto Community
whyme

Dangers Of Google Web Accelerator Clicking links you dont want to click, and deleting info

I'm glad I don't use this thing because I have Cable internet. That really would have to stink if you were to cancel your account. Wouldn't it make you log out of a page like this forum because it would click log out for you. You would log back in and then log out again over and over. That is really wierd. lol Hopefully they can fix that.

i used to use google Acc. but not for a long time you know when you havn't enough RAM , for examle like me , i have 128 , you just think how to acc your pc not the connection , and the gg Acc eat the ram ans save a 01 sec so i don't need !

Ok, a little tip about Google Web Accelerator. It logs every site you visit and every link you click and submits it to google to 'better their service'. They put it right in the ToS. Its basicly spyware that you download onto your computer knowingly. They bundled it with a cheap freebie program thats availible everywhere (fasterfox for firefox) and put in some good ol data miners. Its a tracking cookie that takes up your RAM and sits on your toolbar. Your best bet is to delete it and not support that kind of data collection. Its very low of a huge company like google to exploit the average internet user by offering them something that sounds great (faster internet) when really your just collecting the web sites they go to. Google Web Accelertor = SpywareScrap it.-Society-

i switched to broadband long ago... i never had problems with web page loading or dling. even when i was on dial-up i never used web accelerators i just didnt see the need. i got used to slow loading pages and every1 catered for them at the time. when i hit broadband i even stopped using download accelerators excaept for maybe once or twice where the files i was downloading were over a gig. i'm glad i never tried web accelerators, they've always seemed a bit dodgy to me, and they still do. i just dont like the idea of preloading data onto computers.