xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

What Is Url?

What is URL? I know HTTP is hyper text transfer protocol but what is URL and can I get an non googled answer.If I wanted a google answer I would do it myself.

wiki, what i know is, it'a UNIFORM RESOURCE LOCATOR. a wiki should know that. :P

Wiki? How come you didn't check out wikipedia? Thats one of the first places I check out when looking for answers. I make sure to cross reference whatever I find though. You can never really trust one source which is constantly being updated. Answers.com is another good reference worth bookmarking.

I think his name is wiki in that he plans to make a wiki... I think me means rather than what the ancronim is but rather what it means...Cause you know I could spit out possible neames for the ancryms all day...Upper Range Limit Unfinanced Requirements ListUnrestricted Line (US Navy officer designation) Underground Race League (video game) Universidad Rafael Landivar (Rafael Landivar University, Guatemala)Universitat Ramon Llull (Ramon Llull University, Spain)

The W3C has a pretty good page about URL's and URI's. 

Basically an URL (uniform resource locator), it an URI (uniform resource identifier) with a specific encoding and access protocol. So URLs are a type of URIs. And URIs are very much like the adress for a house (to use ashiezai's example), and URLs are more like the adress + how to get there.

heh... i'd like to know which "URL" you're talking about before I answer the question. Is the the URL as in the adress of a site? That's very basic information, so I doubt that you're asking what that means.