xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
downpour

Anyone really good at making sites? and want to help me with mine?

I would say im medicore at making sites and im trying to make a really nice professional looking site for my band. I have flashmx 2004 and dreamweaver mx 2004 but im not really good at using them. I definetly not good at making graphics. if anyone would wanna help me or give me some pointers or anything hit me back or email me
you can also check out my site that i have started but it still needs alot of work
downpour
thanx

well...i must say, thats not so bad...Flash MX and Dreamweaver MX are very easy to handle, just spend more and more time with them...and the results will be a really great website...keep it cool :(

honestly, i like the way you used flash in your site. :( simple is beautiful.and as hatebreed said, just play around with your flash mx and dreamweavermx some more and for sure you'll be churning out a professional web sitein no time :(for graphic design, you may want to use photoshop. a lot of tutorials havebeen posted here at Xisto. do some forum search and apply some veryingenious graphic techniques to your web site. but still, keep it simple. :(

i like your site.. i hate using flash mainly cuz i dont know how to use it but.. yours looks good! keep up the good work. and hey.. maybe we can exchange scripts? lol, i like that email 1.. thats the only 1 i want.. i may have some you want tho.. go to my site and see...

your site is not that bad as what you think.. i dont think that's a newbie works.. lol but just keep up and play more with it... practice makes perfect.. not like me i dont know how macromedia or dreamweaver is.. so ill just ust portals.. try to look at my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

thanx for all the tips and the sugar coated things about my site :( i was gonna look into getting photoshop just been to lazy...also thought about getting fireworksthanx for all the help and anyone else that has a tip or 2 shoot it my way

Your sites not that bad.The home page is a bit messed up tho, but your use of flash is good.Also a niggly little problem try giving the pages a title. either <title>blah blah blah</title> in the page head or I think its in the page properties, you can also use the bar at the top of dreamweaver that says untitled document.but apart from that your sites quite cool.

downpour, pretty good for someone new at making websites. Some suggestions that have not been said yet. Try to avoid using frames. I would look into using SSI. Also remove links to "dead" pages. If the page is not there don't link to it. Also look into using CSS to make adding more pages easier. Other then that good job!

Since i suck at programming, and flash, i just stick to free portals. I'm free to say that i use e107, it's easy. Anyway, i want to learn flash. I'm pretty good at graphics if i can say that myself and so i usually design titles and stuff.

well done!u did a pretty work at the site designing.i like the flash style used in ur site most.if u can rich the graphic of the beginning,it will be better.good luck. :)