xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hellgate

Gmail Still Gorws Adn Grows! it stays get more space

Go go Google for keeping up with the technology :lol:

I must admit I've always been a fan of Google and up until recently had no reason to doubt their business practices, but some stuff I've read lately means that I'm never gonna bother using my Gmail account and even if I did, there's no way I'd just leave all my old messages in there.
There's suggestions from some people that Google's reasons for offering all this storage space are not really that altruistic. They're more interested in having a monopoly on all the information relating to the way people use the Internet. The more they know about you, the way you browse the Internet, the places you shop online etc., the more they implement targetted web marketing campaigns. And that's only if their only interest is in making money. Take it to the next level and you're talking about infringement of personal rights.
Storing all your personal emails on their servers just makes that job even easier for them.
Google Watch outlines a few of the reasons why Google may not be the shining light of Internet virtue that it appears to be.

Maybe it's just me, but it must be that Google wants each person to only use 1 email in their entire lifetime, so an entire lifetime of emails will pile up to 2+GB? Who knows... they're probably trying to get everyone to use Gmail, and they'll only need Gmail, so for their whole lives, they'll use up more than a GB of mail? Anyone else catching my drift here? Or maybe I'm just thinking too much... :lol:

They're probably trying to get everyone to use Gmail, and they'll only need Gmail, so for their whole lives, they'll use up more than a GB of mail? Anyone else catching my drift here? Or maybe I'm just thinking too much... :lol:

That's it exactly and it relates to what I wrote in the post above.

Yeah it rocks that Google is giving all of us that amount of space and yes people really do use that amount of space. I for one am only on like 1% so im not one of them. Also, there are programs out there to use the gmail service for files storage so that could be one reason people are using their 2 gig already. Anyway, Google rocks for giving all of us this space

Gmail would not stop growing. I heard it doubled it's email storage because yahoo increased their's to 1 gb. I mean I haven't known anyone who uses that much. My old yahoo (250 mb) had over 500 emails and I barely even used 2% of it. Btw, the emails were junk and i checked it every 2months or so. I just wish we could store things in gmail and use it as an online storage for mp3 and whatnot.