xisto Community
Fun4TheMoney

Swapthing Free Program For Real Stuff Sorta like eBay?? Anybody try it??

I found this in my travels. It looks interesting, but I don't have time to fool with it. Before I add it to my site, I'd like to know what you all think. (Notice how often I use Xisto as a guinea pig farm? :( )

SwapThing

Thanx,

Suz

Are you sure you typed the address correctly? All I'm getting when I click on that link is a "Page Cannot be Displayed" error page.Unless the page isn't available, and if that is the case, I'd be a little wary about dealing with someone like that, because though it can obviously happen, the real question would be how often it happens.

Are you sure you typed the address correctly? All I'm getting when I click on that link is a "Page Cannot be Displayed" error page.

Unless the page isn't available, and if that is the case, I'd be a little wary about dealing with someone like that, because though it can obviously happen, the real question would be how often it happens.

140087[/snapback]

The site is up, so it must have been my mistake. Here's the link, again:

SwapThing

and here it is in text form:

http://www.wissen-24.org/

Sorry for the goof. :(

Suz

I don't think it was you... Maybe my settings are wrong or something, because I still can't get in. I even googled for it, and tried to get in through that way, but no luck. Sorry about that.It does sound like a good idea though, sorry I can't be of more help.

I don't think it was you... Maybe my settings are wrong or something, because I still can't get in. I even googled for it, and tried to get in through that way, but no luck. Sorry about that.

It does sound like a good idea though, sorry I can't be of more help.

140092[/snapback]

Okay, last try. Maybe I joined it and that link is for members only. Try it this way:

SwapThing

http://www.wissen-24.org/

If it still doesn't work, I'll give up. My apologies for cluttering up the message boards.

Suz

links provided working just fine... both IE and Firefox.

and google search works wonders too:

https://www.google.com/search?q=swapthing

swapthing.com first in the list.

It seems like some people cannot see the success of ebay as one of the business marvels. Looks like it is trying to be the next ebay like business. A dollar fee for swap is not bad. But all they are providing is a classified ad space and collect $1.00 from each swappers.

Although this is very unique business model:

Top 10 Reasons Why People Use SwapThing    1. Convenience Swap from the comfort of your home.
2. List for Free No charge to join or list items . . . listings dont expire.
3. Easy on the Wallet Avoid spending a lot of money to get the things you want.
4. Worlds Largest Swap Meet Avoid battling crowds and paying for gas.
5. Showcase Your Collection Promote your expertise by showcasing your entire collection online.
6. Promote Your Business A low cost way to get prospective customers to try your services.
7. Your Inventory Online Allow customers to see you what have to offer.
8. Growing Kids Swap the things children have outgrown for the things they need.
9. Use Your Talents (e.g. voice coach, seamstress, cooking, etc.) to swap for what you want.
10. Help the Environment Your items reused by others.

Number 9 suggest that a monetary system should be replaced with good old fashioned bartering system. Hence, the "SwapThing." Wouldn't this be deconstruction of modern advancements? Paper bills were issued to not only purchase goods but, to gain wealth and security by collecting paper bills (money). Although this statement can be viewed as capitalism at its best, the whole reason you bust your hump to graduate and move to a higher education is so that you can have money to make your life easier. And not to bust your hump to trade your talent with the goods you need.
Plus, the statement "the beauty is in the eye of beholder" comes to my mind. What if what you consider a precious item but someone comes along and decides that it's worth less than the dirt? How would it make you feel and when will that item be traded for something you want? There is a reason why we have paper bills to represent the value of goods today and let's not go back to the stone ages where three clam shells equals that day's meal.

Hi:I have participated in a different swap site, but similar concept. But people list their items. You brouse for what you want. Then you contact one another and set up a swap.It is really FUN. I have swapped things that are valuable, but that I have no use for. I have gotten all kinds of great stuff. I have swapped for perfume, coupons, dog clothes, videos, CD's, books, decorative items, candles, etc. Part of the fun, is getting a package. Part of the fun is setting up the swap. Anyway, my experience with online swapping has been favorable.Sunkist

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gents,I just want to coment on the "SWAPTHING". There is a program out there that you can use that will do the same of what swapthing does but a heck of a lot better. I am trying to remember what it is but for the life of me I can't recall. This program would litterally alow you to get just about every thing you bid on because of the way the program sends the bid at the very last .005 of a second.. Don't quote me but it was really fast and SUPERB.. If I remember the name of it I will post it...

Limited cash?  Tired of getting outbid?  SwapThing is different.  You control your swaps what you swap, who you swap with, and which swaps make sense for you.  
Include as many items as you want in a swap, pay one low price When you close a deal
Don't have items to swap?  Swap a service bookkeeping, landscaping, cleaning, music lessons, home improvement, sewing, etc.
Use cash to balance swaps of unequal value
Easily donate your items to non-profits in need

it says that but look at the disclaimer and you will find out that it is a scam!!!!

Consolidated monthly billing.   Upload tools available to help you transfer items easily from your inventory management system to the SwapThing site.

Enhanced reporting.
  Participation in promotions.
  Identification as a trusted SwapThing Partner.
  Discount on transaction fees. The more transactions you commit, the higher your discount on all transaction that month:

Up to 99 transactions per month: no discount
    100 Â 499 transactions per month: 10% discount
  500 Â 999 transactions per month: 15% discount
  1000 or more transactions per month: 20% discount

THE SELLER LOOSES MONEY BECAUSE OF THE DISCOUNTS.

Edited by whyme (see edit history)