xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FuChelle

Rove Live How many people here watch it?

I watch Rove every week. It's one of my favourite shows, and one of the few that I try not to miss.My favourite segments are 'What The...?' and 'My Charader'. The new segment where Pete's been interviewing people is pretty funny too.Some of my favourite things that have happened on the show were when Ranger Stacey brought in all these insects and one of the stick insects crawled onto Rove's face :(. I also liked when Rove was interviewing Lano and Woodley and they decided to share all the jelly beans with the audience so they threw the whole bowl of them up into the air and got them all over the floor.I liked when Rove interviewed Robin Williams, that guy is funny! lol and the Will Smith interviews were pretty good too with Rove's amazing *Pa-chang* boxing skills, and Will's "old man walk". lolSo, how many people here watch Rove? What are your favourite segments of the show? And what have some of your favourite parts of the show been?

I also try watch the show as often as possible. The only problem is that tuesdays is half price movies!I havn't watched it in ages though, great for him to pick up another logie!

I don't watch Rove Live very often - but that is because I don't watch much TV anymore.

But when I do catch it, I do like the What The? and My Charader segments [the same as Fuchelle]. Mainly because of some of the funny stuff people send in to What The? are either really wierd or not that funny but Rove manages to talk it up a bit. Where My Charader is just a big laugh as it is all spontaneous and generally degrades into no-one paying attention to the game, where everyone is laughing at the poor person trying to do the silly actions...

Well it's on after my weekly dose of the OC, so I sometimes have a look. Don't remember specific favourites, but I enjoy most of his opening stand up comedy things

I'm kinda the same: I watch the OC but don't always stay on to watch Rove (usually end up back on the PC :lol: ).

yeh, Rove live is great, makes tuesday nights better, cos The OC is like one of my favourite shows.. then having Rove live after that makes me smile :rolleyes::lol::D hahaha... i sound like a dik.But yeh rove live is a top show!!!

Hehe i try to watch rove when i remember .. I like what the.. ? and I love it when Rove interviews celebrities.. Aww i love him he is so funny..So nice to talk to other aussies :D ..[yes i realise i have safin as my sig and he beat leyton but hey.. i L.O.V.E safin :D]

Rove use to be funnier but he's not even that funny anymore, hell his co. peter helliar is funnier then him.A better show then Rove is The glass house, Its got the best ozzie comedian there is on it DAVE HUGHS.

its true, rove just isn't funny, that peter dude is funnier than him, his stolen gimmicks like what the? aren't that funny either, its sad what some australians consider comedy, like that new wedge show, thats just pathetic

Sorry Rove fans,I dont like rove because I dont really like what is on the show.....Ive only watched it once so it could've only been for that one show. (Rant over) ;)

Being from just over the pond, we get Rove every week here also, but we are normally a week behind you lot, so "Rove Live" is more like "Rove a Little Out of Date". I remember when that fiasco with the APEC meeting, and the Chaser getting past security as Osama Bin Laden, we were waiting with baited breath to see what Rove would say about it, but had to wait for a week before it was even mentioned. Although, to be fair, I guess that Chaser's War on Everything is probably on a competing network, so they probably didn't want to advertise it too much. But the same applied to the Olympic coverage, all Rove's comments about the Olympic issues were a week out of synch here.Anyway my wife and I used to love watching Rove, and my favorite part was "What The...?" as well. But since his wife passed away, we have found him to not be as funny as he used to be before. It is much more strained, like he's now "trying" to be funny, whereas previously he didn't have to try, and it's a shame. I like Pete's part in the show too, but I can't stand Hughsey. I think the talking lips section was quite funny, where they get a still picture of a famous person and put Rove's lips in place where the mouth is, and make the still image talk, that's a hoot, the things he makes them say sometimes!Yeah but, nah, it's not quite the same as it used to be. Rest in peace Belinda Emmett.

I love Rove. Its a great way to end the week (Nowdays its shown on Sundays)

My favourite segment is 'Kevin Rudd'. Its hilarious! I love his laugh, and evil schemes :)

Thats probably one of the greatest things about Australia, we can pay out our Prime Minister and its still a laugh. Mr Rudds appearance on Rove was hilarious to watch.. except for that very akward bit where he said he'd turn gay for his wife... thats creepy. Hah! I rekon he's a pretty good fella Mr Rudd. He's making so much prgoess with Australia and with the recent ecnomy chrisiss hes handled it pretty well.

A very creepy thing just occured. I happened to glance at the TV where I noticed Mr. Rudd was on a discussion show. What are the chances of that?!?!

yeah i try to watch rove whenever i can but i don't always watch it. sometimes i am just busy or something and miss it. the best tv show is friends and two and a half men is also good. i like comedies.

I like Rove. I think his is really funny although some of the other acts on his show aren't. I particularly liked the time he interviewed elmo. I thought that was hilarious. In terms of comedy I prefer Good News Week.

The show reverted to the title of Rove in 2007. Production moved from the Global Television facility in Nunawading to the old Seven Network studios in South Melbourne. It now occupies the premium timeslot of 8:30pm on Sunday nights.Peter Helliar returned to Rove's side. Bickmore's role in the show increased. Following the cancellation of the show The Glass House, Dave Hughes joined Rove. The comedy duo Hamish & Andy, who had previously collaborated with Roving Enterprises with their television show Real Stories, began appearing every second week. Their associate Ryan Shelton also began presenting a segment each week.Each year, the show's set changes in some way from the previous. In a previous year, the set was changed to be less like a traditional tonight show and more like a variety show. In 2007, the show's set was reconfigured back into a more traditional tonight show again, even going so far as having a view of the Melbourne cityscape in the background.In July 2007, a special show was filmed at Times Square in New York City. Rove, Helliar and Adam Hills attended, and a live Australian audience was present. In late July a second special was filmed in Los Angeles at the Bob Barker Studio.Hayden Guppy now also co-host of Video Hits also became a cast member, who shows TV viewers what the cast does during ad breaks.In 2008, Myf Warhurst, who co-hosted a breakfast radio show with Peter Helliar on Triple M, joined the cast as an infrequent addition whenever a regular cast member was unavailable.In 2009 the program moved premises to ABC Studios in Elsternwick, Victoria which houses a new set. Dave Hughes, Hamish Blake and Andy Lee began only appearing on a fortnightly appearance. Between May and July 2009, Brian Wenzel had a weekly skit at the end of the show.After 12th July, the show went off-air to let the team take a mid-year break due to the show starting in February (earlier than 2007 and 2008). It was also announced that this episode would be Bickmore's and Hughesy's final episode as regular cast members,[2] due to them both leaving to focus on their new show, The 7pm Project,[2] which premiered on 20 July 2009,[3] and is also produced by Roving Enterprises.[2]